Colorado Hunting Boots

If you do actually have a bear tag come ready to shoot. From what I'm hearing the last few weeks a lot of bears are being seen on the western slope

Steve, I have that same boot. My old man gave me a pair about 5 years ago. They are good boots also, just a touch heavy, but if you are going to be in snow and water, they are excellent. I Sno Seal mine every year and use them for winter whitetail hunting. Hope they fit well. Scotty

That is encouraging Scotty. Yeah I saw the weight. I better start doing some serious leg exercises.

..and yes I have a bear tag.. That news has me pumped!!!!aq The last time I got a bear was around 1975. Scotty is familiar with the area. We both are from the Adirondackmtns over there on the east side. :):)

Thanks again
Steve

Start excersing no matter what - nothing like a little CO altitude to put one back in his "boots" if you will......

Take pics and will be awaiting the stories.

Altitude is the killer for me, I hike and exercise almost every day but my 1200 feet elevation lungs, don't work right at higher elevation. My Wyoming elk unit is 8,000 + a killer just walking on level ground. Good luck in Colorado, I am 4 weeks away now.

It seems to take about 3 days to get aclimated to the elevations. We hunt a lot from 10K to 12k or so. Those first couple of days are killers! If you can camp @ close to those altitudes it comes quicker. I've found the Ginsing helps me drastically for the headaches.

Very Very Good Point Powerstroke. I am looking that information up right now and it appears Siberian Ginseng is a very good and possible assistant. I take some medicine so I wil get with DR to validate okay on that.

At 53 and not the best of athletic shape, this is good info.

Thanks
Steve

Back