Colt 1911 owners

pathfinder82

Beginner
Jan 26, 2008
Just curious how many of us have Colt 1911's ,
I see alot of other variations of makes and models on these threads but few on Colts 1911's..

I have shot a Colt, very nice pistol.
I bought a Kimber Tactical Pro II for my carry gun. She shoots smooth as silk. :grin:

JD338

I've got a couple of Colts, and carried one on duty for a few years. I like my Kimber better, but the Colt is a good pistol.

I have two series 70s Colts and a Lightweight carry Colt that was a special run. It has a full sized alloy frame, and an Officers stainless slide.I have a Delta Elite Gold Cup 10mm.I also have three Kimbers and my latest buy was a Taurus 1911 stainless.Perhaps the best money I have spent in a long time.It is well built and groups like crazy.

I have one. A 45ACP(is there anything else) in a limited run glass beaded nickel with factory Pachmyer(sp) grips.

pathfinder82":23mpp663 said:
Just curious how many of us have Colt 1911's ,
I see alot of other variations of makes and models on these threads but few on Colts 1911's..

I have two Colt 1911's
One built by springfield in 1913, and one built by Colt in 1918.

and
several 1911-A1's

JD338":7srfrp2w said:
I have shot a Colt, very nice pistol.
I bought a Kimber Tactical Pro II for my carry gun. She shoots smooth as silk. :grin:

JD338

Same here. Sold my colt and got the kimber

pix1345950234.jpg

I have a Series 70 Government model, with rosewood grips and bluing about a mile deep. Very pretty gun. And I thought it shot great until I bought a Kimber...

Hegland":20vy4kyy said:
I have a Series 70 Government model, with rosewood grips and bluing about a mile deep. Very pretty gun. And I thought it shot great until I bought a Kimber...

Well said buddy!

I have a Series 80 Govt Stainless. As you can see the pistol is better than my photo taking ability.

Attachments

• DSC06891.JPG
    478 KB · Views: 3,487
Kimber is a good 45 too....I just could never own anything with the word Kimber on it. I know some very dirty, terrible things that went on with the "K" word. No thanks on anything that says Kimber.

I will stick with Colt on the 1911 scene. Plus there is the cool factor of owning a Colt. Even if the gun is inferior in some ways to others, the cool factor beats most. :wink:

Have two, a Gold Cup and this one I had built. Most of my guys have Kimbers but I don't mind being old school.

Attachments

• IMG_0127 [800x600].jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 2,908
I have a Colt Rail Gun, stainless, with a TLR1 on it that I carry concealed if I'm packing a 1911.

Right now I'm packing the P226 with said TLR1. The P226 has the DAK Trigger and I'm carrying it because the trigger is closest to what I carry at work, that I personally own. I prefer the 1911 but given today's litigeous society figured I'd be better served with a trigger close to what I'm issued if it ever became an issue.

I've had a couple Colts.... the only one I wish I had never let get away from me was a Series 70, Satin Nickle Combat Commander..

Here is what I carry now.....

pistols001.jpg

A 1943 production run Remington-Rand....complete. I have the wood grips stashed away.

Back