Conetrol mounts

bteate

Beginner
Sep 17, 2009
Does anyone have any experience with Conetrol mounts? I have a Sako AV with them on it and when I put my scope on it it doesn't have enough elevation to get to zero. My scope is a Leupold Vari-xIII 6.5-20x50. I can probably get it with shims, but I hate to do that and there would be only about 8 come-up clicks of elevation. Is there any different mounts that I can use on this rifle with the tapered dovetail style mounting surface? any help wuold be greatly appreciated. I'll have to wait until monday to talk to someone @ Conetrol to try to clear this up.

BT,
I have a lot of experience with them. Call George, and he will help you out. They are lower than a lot of other mounts, but they are the best and the best looking mounts that I have even used. Shims are a terrible idea. Likely, you will get higher bases, and may lose the sleek look.
Hardpan

Does anyone have any experience with Conetrol mounts? I have a Sako AV with them on it and when I put my scope on it it doesn't have enough elevation to get to zero. My scope is a Leupold Vari-xIII 6.5-20x50. I can probably get it with shims, but I hate to do that and there would be only about 8 come-up clicks of elevation. Is there any different mounts that I can use on this rifle with the tapered dovetail style mounting surface? any help wuold be greatly appreciated. I'll have to wait until monday to talk to someone @ Conetrol to try to clear this up.

Back