Copper fouling

wareagle1

Beginner
Jun 20, 2007
I seem to be getting about 9 rounds out of my 7mm rem mag before I have to clean and use a copper remover(sweets 7.62). I get .5 moa or under, up until this point, then it just puts them all over the place. I'm shooting CT ballistic tips pushing 3200 fps but I'm going back to reg ballistic tips because I did not see any improvement in the Copper fouling.
Does this seem about right?, or is there something I can do to reduce the fouling.

You might not be getting all the copper out with the sweets, but I don't know. I've had great luck with the foaming stuff from break free. Really gets the copper out, even when I didn't think there was any in there. That might be the problem. But it might be a rough throat, in which case some bore paste might be the solution.

It sounds like you have a very rough bore. I routinley shoot my 260ai 40-50rds between cleanings w/ no appreciable loss of accuracy. Give the bbl. a real good cleaning using Sweets or one fo te foaming copper cleaners. Then run some JBs bore paste, then clean & try again. BTW, going back & forth between moly coated & non moly makes it hard to get anny decent accuracy.

fredj338":110lcyuy said:
It sounds like you have a very rough bore. I routinley shoot my 260ai 40-50rds between cleanings w/ no appreciable loss of accuracy. Give the bbl. a real good cleaning using Sweets or one fo te foaming copper cleaners. Then run some JBs bore paste, then clean & try again. BTW, going back & forth between moly coated & non moly makes it hard to get anny decent accuracy.

+1 to fredj338

JD338

Back