Coyotes

I just picked up a Predator rig! Oo-Rah!
Traded for a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. That should be an excellent coyote hunting rig, I would think.
If I use 100 gr bullets in that, that will be a death ray to the Yote Nation!

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Haweye,
Try a box of those new 90gr Varmagettons, perfect
Combo in your new Creedmore. Should be able to get 3200fps?? I think you will be pleasently surprised
first time you try a coyote!
Etw

35 Whelen":2qheeq63 said:
Haweye,
Try a box of those new 90gr Varmagettons, perfect
Combo in your new Creedmore. Should be able to get 3200fps?? I think you will be pleasently surprised
first time you try a coyote!
Etw
Thank you so much for the advice! Dually noted!
I will definitely try some and hopefully shoot a 'Yote to see!

Cheyenne,
When you come down to visit , I will take you folks out and you can watch her work some birds! She is a natural, heaps of natural point. Her name is " Feathers".
Beautiful evening here tonite big moon out there!20191222_160052~2.jpg

Monday I'm off to New Mexico for some coyote calling and possibly an aoudad if we can locate any. I'll be toting my new 22-250 ADL varmint and using a Foxpro electronic caller. Lighting Jack is my favorite sound for wide open spaces like the lincoln national forest.

can't wait to meet feathers. Hope she doesn't accidentally get in our plane and we dont notice we have her till we get home (-: what do I need floats, wheels, ski's, I thought you last said ski;s Boy to set in front of a fireplace listening to your real life adventures. That would be a fun evening

Lol,
Cheyenne It wont work! I have already
trained her NOT to get into strange airplanes
unless they are a Gulfstrean jet!
:lol:

Skis on ready to go!20191224_112300.jpg

35 Whelen":34ukgfbn said:
Happy New Year Cheyenne!
Good to hear from True North. Got
the Cub on my wheelskis, so will be
Doing some canine surveys shortly.
We have NOT had hardly any sub zero
Temps yet which is very unusual for us.
Thanks for the update, and hope you got
everything you wanted from St Nick ????
I kept this little " grouse getter" for my present!

Cheers
E
That little Dog is just as about as cute as any Dog can get! Beautiful creature and I'm sure will be a lifelong friend till the end for you Earl!

May the New year be kind to you.

Lol,
Thanks a million Cole, great compliment. Our family has been breeding them for a very long time. We have them placed all over the U.S. of A.
My dad got blood from the King line out of Arkansas.
To begin our line back in the 50's!
We are very proud of them. Here is her father, Tamarack, well known here in New England for his
Grouse hunting abilitys.20191212_131632~2.jpg
Here is her moma with her Dad, she is Dutchess, a very small Setter we got out of PA, from Lynn Hills Setters. She has pointed many hundreds of Grouse for us over the years. 20190531_152133_Burst01~3.jpg
As a wee one with her moma20190623_073242~2.jpg
The very best of Happy Holidays to you & yours Cole.
E

Just picked up almost 1000 acres of land to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Love coyote hunting. Eastern Oregon is pretty good country and offers some ling distance shooting so it's a great way to stay tuned for big game in the off season. I've killed them with everything from a .222 REM with 40g VMAX at 3500fps up through a 338 EDGE with 300g SMKs at 2850fps. My favorite was always the 2506 with either the 100g NBT at 3400fps or the 115g NBT at 3200fps. It flattens them to 600 yards and even with a marginal hit, they never went far. I like to sit and call with mouth calls in the winter, but also drive around and cover some ground.

remingtonman_25_06":243hbsy9 said:
Love coyote hunting. Eastern Oregon is pretty good country and offers some ling distance shooting so it's a great way to stay tuned for big game in the off season. I've killed them with everything from a .222 REM with 40g VMAX at 3500fps up through a 338 EDGE with 300g SMKs at 2850fps. My favorite was always the 2506 with either the 100g NBT at 3400fps or the 115g NBT at 3200fps. It flattens them to 600 yards and even with a marginal hit, they never went far. I like to sit and call with mouth calls in the winter, but also drive around and cover some ground.
Coyote hunting is my favorite kind of predator hunting. I had a .25-06 Ruger M77 many years ago, and it loved all kinds of factory ammo. I decided to handload for it, and got 100 gr Sierra Game Kings for it, and some IMR 4350. The load I used was a middle load in a Speer reloading manual.
It shot those 100 gr bullets into the size of a quarter, and I was getting 3350 fps with those loads. I took enough practice with them, especially at a ranchers prairie dog town me and buddies would shoot.
One winter, a buddy of mine, who also liked to coyote hunt in the off-season, were driving back from an unsuccessful coyote hunt that day, because the weather started to get bad. Almost blizzard conditions by the time we reached the outskirts of the city, then we saw a coyote dart in front of the truck he was driving. He said he wasn't going to try a shot, because the weather would make it almost impossible to get it. We stopped and watched it trot off several hundreds of yards away, and I said I would get it. My buddy was in disbelief, and shaking his head. He told me it would be impossible to hit it in those conditions. Well, being young and dumb, and feeling over confident, I loaded up my rifle with 3 rounds of the handloaded ammo.
So I get in the prone position, with bipods, and I see the Yote out at least 400 yds, and he keeps trotting further out. My buddy said he would spot, and he lets a blow of his mouth call go. Damnedest thing, that yote stopped, and perfect broad side shot.
I let my shot go, and I heard my buddy start laughing and ribbing me, because he saw the bullet hit high.
I kept watching, and then I saw that yote tip over, and start flopping. I looked back, and my buddies mouth had dropped, and he was speechless.
I went after that yote, and marked the distance at around 425 yds.
To this day, my buddy brings that story up every so often, and I just grin ear to ear.
It's been almost 30 yrs since I made that incredible shot, and I amazed myself, to this day.

Hawk

Hi,

Old wood mouth call, .308 with 150/155/175 SMK & a 3-12x56 Hensoldt, yotes from 100-800 yds.

We are up to # 10 and still trying to get a dozen! With any
luck we should make it by ice out, April 25/ May 1st. They have had very prime fur this winter. But we definitely have the herd thinned out! Couple friends that get fur from us.IMG_20200318_093613440.jpg

Got another female 2 hours ago. Great pelt on her. Bogpod bipod and remote controlled electronic call. Used a custom built (by me)AR-15. Rifle length gas system, 24” nitrided bull barrel in 223 Wilde, Aero upper and lower, Magpul stock, 15” full floated forearm, topped with a 6x18 Bushnell Trophy XLT. With 28 grains of CFE223, 55 grain Nosler E-Tips, Lake City brass and Remington 7 1/2 primers it gives me consistent 100 yard groups of less than .5” at 3321 fps average velocity. No pressure signs and ejects at 3 o’clock every shot. The E-Tips really surprise me. Always complete penetration no matter the angle but it’s like they were struck by lightning. This girl was dead before her chin hit the ground quartering away at a little over 150 yards.

Attachments

• 152A4BDA-5703-40A9-98D6-690D9EB7F4C7.jpeg
    152A4BDA-5703-40A9-98D6-690D9EB7F4C7.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 466
This is how I hunt coyotes!!

Attachments

• 20190408_090331_resized (1).jpg
    20190408_090331_resized (1).jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 393
  • 20180711_224432.jpg
    20180711_224432.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 393