Crushed another Leupold

jimbires":w7ttxza6 said:
I've never had a problem with my Leupold scopes , but I don't think I'll be buying any more . I think I'll be looking at other brands to buy .

I have a few of the older M8's in 4 and 6X... I am praying they stay good cause they have literally been rock solid!

how are the newer Zeiss scopes ? I don't seem to hear much about them . I have a few of the older 3-9 conquest scopes . I have no complaints on them , especially at $400 . I always felt you could spend a lot more and get less .

Scotty,
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Leupold.

Here is what I have learned recently about Leupold VX-6.
The VX-6HD series replaces the VX-6. It has better glass and a totally redesigned turret system. It is more robust and has a better "feel" when dialing. There is also a more àudiable "click" when you dial. Still not a M1 dial but much better.
Leupold always had a 2 week turn around time on repairs.
A few weeks back, I was quoted 5 weeks. That should tell you something. Hope this helps.

JD338

jimbires":1f7r5czw said:
how are the newer Zeiss scopes ? I don't seem to hear much about them . I have a few of the older 3-9 conquest scopes . I have no complaints on them , especially at $400 . I always felt you could spend a lot more and get less .

My V4 rox

FOTIS":vryy270t said:
I am really looking at the SWFA ULTRALIGHT 2-10 SS. The short eye relief turns me off a bit though.

Yeah, I looked at that as well. I bet that's at 2x....with that small eye box, I bet the eye relief gets a bit tighter at 10x.

I gave up on Leupold several years ago...

2 different $600 scopes that I just didn't like, to say nothing of the fact that they both fogged up inside.

Moved to Zeiss, had to spend more money per scope... But they work.

Well this is disturbing. I just bought and put a Leupold on my light weight 300 wm.

corey

Back