Custom 280 Ackley improved

I used my 280AI last fall on this Muley :wink:.
Shooting 150gr. ABLRs over top of RL22 in Nosler brass (y).
The distance was just shy of 425 yards.

Blessings,
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,606
I am not sure why my photos seem to go sideways always after I edit the post :twisted:?

Blessings,
Dan

Great picture Dan! Awesome buck and a heckuva good shot as well..

I am surprised you shoot so well with all of your rifles being backwards though? I guess everyone has to make sacrifices.. :mrgreen:

Bud now that is hurtful :lol: but we know that left is for the Elite just ask gerry, Gil and a few of the other very knowledgeable people on this forum :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_0054.PNG
    IMG_0054.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,598
sask boy":2ibmzfyl said:
Bud now that is hurtful :lol: but we know that left is for the Elite just ask gerry, Gil and a few of the other very knowledgeable people on this forum :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

Whoa Dan.... You better be careful of the company you keep... I'd be careful staying in cahoots with them... :mrgreen:

Keep him honest, Scotty. Methinks the gentleman doth protest overly much. Happens a lot when the hands get mixed up like that.

Dan thats a nice muley..I always wanted to hunt mule deer. We dont have that flavor of deer in N.C.

I'm getting excited about ringing mine out and see what she likes. I'm going to mount my scope this weekend and possibly get started on a load.

The game plan is to start mith book mid charge of 7828ssc and work up in half gn increments. Also will try the same with R26 and see which she likes.

Probably start seating depth at magazine length and go from there. I've been hearing from a few the 150 ABLR likes a little jump. This is one of those times I ask how much is little?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

brikwhitt":2p3y50fa said:
Dan thats a nice muley..I always wanted to hunt mule deer. We dont have that flavor of deer in N.C.

I'm getting excited about ringing mine out and see what she likes. I'm going to mount my scope this weekend and possibly get started on a load.

The game plan is to start mith book mid charge of 7828ssc and work up in half gn increments. Also will try the same with R26 and see which she likes.

Probably start seating depth at magazine length and go from there. I've been hearing from a few the 150 ABLR likes a little jump. This is one of those times I ask how much is little?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'd start them at .050".

Back