CZ 457 American

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
I finally worked the trigger down and let me tell you it is pretty nice for a .22 Its probably right at 1# and breaks like glass. Actually surprised myself with it the first time I dry fired it. And today at the range, my 1st shot broke about a 1/2" to soon/early. Definitely light!! I'm use to the 1.5-2# mark as that's what all my centerfires are at, but this is considerably lighter. Easy trigger to work on. Total time was 15 minutes. Tried a few more types of ammo and put a 20 shot group through each now. Can finally start to see what it prefers. Really likes the Aguila super extra standard velocity.

Attachments

• Snapchat-826540618.jpg
    Snapchat-826540618.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 506
A couple of those are looking pretty good. The Aguilla like you mentioned and a couple of the CCI's are doing well too.,

I like the looks of the CCI Velocitors group, impressive for the type of round they are. Many of those hyper velocity 22 rounds dont like to group

A friend of mine tells me that CCi Standard velocity group well in his 457. Have you tried Federal Auto Match? Get good groups in my CZ452. Dan.

Sorry I didn't state it was 50 yards. I did write 50 yards on the target though. If you click on the pic you can zoom in and see what each group/ammo was.

The CCI standard velocity really didn't do very well. Not near as well as I thought they would anyway. I have not tried the Federal auto match yet. I believe my local stores carry it, just didn't buy any to try because they come in 300 or 350 round packs. Tried to keep testing down to the 50/100 rd boxes, besides the 2 bricks I had on hand of the Remington and Federal HVHP stuff. The CCI Blazers shot pretty well, and for the price, I'll probably buy them. I can get a 1000rd case at walmart for $40. The american eagle 40g LRN also shot pretty well and you can get them for like $2.30/50 and they do come in 500-550 bricks as well, just dont remember the price exactly, somewhere around $25. The Remington gold bullet value pack shot pretty well, if you take the 2 flyers away, the other 18 shots arent to bad. I cleaned the barrel tonight, had about 350 rounds through it. I wet patched it a few times with hops foam cleaner, then brushed it with a nylon brush with the hops foam cleaner. Then dry patched a few patches to get all the crud out. Wasn't to horrible. Then I took 2 wet patches of 90% alcohol and ran it through, then a few dry patches to get all the alcohol out. I'll shoot the top 5 ammo at 100 yards. Will put 10 rounds or so as foulers down it before I keep track of groups. I wont be cleaning in between brands.

Back