Decisions, decisions...

Well, Tom, you did get a scope before mine arrived. Now, I'm told release for the VX6 is September. Let us know what rifle is graced by this VX7. In fact, give us a picture after it is mounted.

DrMike":3boibre2 said:
Well, Tom, you did get a scope before mine arrived. Now, I'm told release for the VX6 is September. Let us know what rifle is graced by this VX7. In fact, give us a picture after it is mounted.

Last I heard from Leupold was they were to be shipping to retailers by Sept 1. But I've heard this before, too.

The scope is going on my 300WSM (M70 Extreme Weather), in Talley lows.

The Vari-X II on that rifle now is moving to my 257 Roberts, which has a much older 1.5-5 Leupy on it in Warne rings/mounts.

I have a 6.5x55 inbound sometime later this year (sporter Swedish mauser my dad wants to sell), so I think the Leupold mounts David sold me will go to that rifle, and sometime next spring I'll drop a Meopta Meopro/Cabela's Euro on that Swede, slide it into a B&C Medalist (they make them for the 96 Mauser),and maybe work on the safety.

:)

It's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere...............

Gotta run out the door now, but will look at the mounts and rifle later tonight.

Interesting. My VX7 is on my 300 WSM Featherweight. It is just perfect for that cartridge.

DrMike":26jzzht2 said:
Interesting. My VX7 is on my 300 WSM Featherweight. It is just perfect for that cartridge.

Just ran outside with the VX7 and the Conquest to compare. The winner is obvious, but the Conquest really hung in there well, I must say.

Field of view on the '7 feels really tight and small, but when I compare it to the Conquest with both similar magnification, the difference can't be more than 2 or 3 percent, I wouldn't think.

Love the flip covers, LOVE the turrets.....Might have to just bolt it together so I can send Scotty a pic...lol

tddeangelo":2c9erylg said:
DrMike":2c9erylg said:

Just ran outside with the VX7 and the Conquest to compare. The winner is obvious, but the Conquest really hung in there well, I must say.

Field of view on the '7 feels really tight and small, but when I compare it to the Conquest with both similar magnification, the difference can't be more than 2 or 3 percent, I wouldn't think.

Love the flip covers, LOVE the turrets.....Might have to just bolt it together so I can send Scotty a pic...lol

I'm waiting patiently! Sounds nice Tom. Really nice.

Tom,

This is what mine looks like. Very good looking scope, and it is exceptionally clear.

P5190105.jpg

P5190103.jpg

I'm surprised that Scotty doesn't have a 300 WSM yet. Wonder what's wrong?

m70ew_sm.jpg

I don't know what Scotty's hold up is either.

Next step on this rig is a Turner "All Weather" synthetic M1907 sling, finish load development, and then it's ready to turn some whitetails belly-up.

Back