DEEP CURL 270gr

tjen

Handloader
Apr 25, 2007
I think I going to try the deep cural 270gr 44cal in my 50ca MZ. Anyone use these? 100gr of White Hot and 280gr HC FN is what I have been using but they are getting hard to find.

I am using the 300 grain UniCor's in my ML with 2 Pyrodex pellets. Accuracy is excellent with the MMP sabots. I think that 270 would be excellent. I really like the Speer handgun bullets, they are premiums in all aspects of the word, except for their price.

tjen,

I never used the deep curl but it should do a great job for you.
The past 3 years, I have used the .458 300 gr BST in my ML and it has done an excellent job.
Here are this years results for my daughter and myself.
DSCN02811.jpg

008_zps6307658e.jpg

JD338

Also, don't forget, Nosler has some muzzleloader bullets coming out pretty quick. Might be worth a shot as well.

SJB358":1hxxziho said:
Also, don't forget, Nosler has some muzzleloader bullets coming out pretty quick. Might be worth a shot as well.
That is correct. They are based on the .458 cal 300 gr BST but with a pointed tip.

JD338

I have some Hot core 270 grain, .366 bullets (9.3mm) for my 9.3x74R. I have used the Hot Core for some time now and they seem to be accurate and well made bullets. I have not used the Deep Curl bullets.

I have shot a doe with the saboted .45cal 260gr Fusion bullet. It killed just like any other M/L bullet I've used. It uses the same bonding process as the Deep Curls. Not that a bonded bullet is required for bullets at this velocity.

I've always felt that any jacketed bullet used in a M/L will kill quickly. Just use the one that shoots best in your smokepole.

I did not know Nosler had some new ML bullets coming out.

Whats are type are they? BST ?

The old 44cal 280gr hard cast worked fine. So did the 300gr XTP.

They are a 300 grain BT (Spitzer). Should be pretty decent. JD was saying it is a pointed 45-70 bullet. I am thinking I will give them a whirl when I see them.

Back