detailed dimensions of Nosler bullets?

fjlee

Beginner
Sep 27, 2004
Is there a website/URL where I can go and see a drawing of Nosler bullets, complete with dimensions?

I often want to know bullet overall length, length of bearing surface, dimension of boattail, etc.

Dimensions are important when working with seating depth or cartridge overall length, and dimensions also come into play for those of us who do "interior ballistic" exercises.

Thank you.... Lee Carkenord Denver CO

And while we're on the subjec of bullet dimensions, I'm wondering why Nosler bullets are engineered to be 0.0005" smaller in diameter than standard?

For example, the 22 cal varmint bullets mic closer to 0.2235" than 0.224".

I had never measured them until some more experienced varmint/BR friends told me about it. And my calipers came up with the same diameter as the guys with the high dollar instruments!

dan

Since all of our drawings are confidential, I can't give you everything.

However for the undersized bullets, we calibrate our mics everytime we measure. Our specs are +/- .0002

Therefore our bullets on a .224 would be .2242 -.2238. You will find this to be much better than other bullet manufacturers.

There are many factors that can influence a mic, dirt or grime either on the measuring tools or on the bullet itself.

If anyone has a dial caliper, a 180 gr. NP and AccuBond handy, please measure the OAL of these bullets and post the results.

Thanks

Alan

AlanR":37zhthuk said:
If anyone has a dial caliper, a 180 gr. NP and AccuBond handy, please measure the OAL of these bullets and post the results.

Alan

Not sure what bullet diameter you're asking about......

I measured three of the .308" diameter Partitions......part # 16331...and got the following lengths:

1.260 inch

Lee Carkenord (fjlee)

My Nosler reloading guide 5th edition has the diameter, BC, SD but not the length. Is there any way to get the length of every bullet? I have about 20% of them as I buy them or borrow from friends. Is there any reason not to publish just the length? Thanks, Boomer.

Boomer-

No reason at all, I will put that on our next RG meeting to discuss.

Thanks for the input.

Back