Didn’t Need them But Couldn’t Resist The SPS Price

Im not really surprised because it took a little time, but the130 grain E-Tips shoot very nicely in both my 270 Wins. One likes them .020” off the lands and the other likes .085” off. Both are 24” barrels and give 3125-3154 fps. Both give 3/4” groups off sandbags.

The way my luck goes the POI for the 131’s will be 4 feet left and low. Lol.
All joking aside, aren’t the black tipped E-Tips loaded by the new Remington ammo manufacturers, or was it Federal? It doesn’t matter I guess but I think I read that somewhere.

Last edited:
Been tempted to buy some of their reduced-price bullets but I seem to be running out of room at the moment and need to start shooting more. Dan.
Same here for me but I bought another 250 anyway. I like the ET in my 270’s and the way things are going I might not see a reasonable price again.
OMG I just sounded like my dad! I need help guys.

My dad wasn't much of a shooter, did hunt some. If he could see what I have now he'd say I was wasting my money:LOL: Dan.
Reminds me of an old farmer I used to hay for when I was in high school. We were talking about shooting nutria in the ditches and sloughs around his property and he told me he was thoroughly disgusted with himself because he had missed one with his .22.
Not so much because he had missed but because he hated wasting 22 ammo.
I’m like a lot of you folks, I have more bullets than I could ever use (actually more loaded ammo than I will ever use also) but keep looking for more.

Reminds me of an old farmer I used to hay for when I was in high school. We were talking about shooting nutria in the ditches and sloughs around his property and he told me he was thoroughly disgusted with himself because he had missed one with his .22.
Not so much because he had missed but because he hated wasting 22 ammo.
I’m like a lot of you folks, I have more bullets than I could ever use (actually more loaded ammo than I will ever use also) but keep looking for more.
That was my dad up and down! He didn’t target shoot much at all with rifles. Called it too wasteful and would shoot a barrel out. I sure do miss him

We would shoot skeet and trap till 4 shotgun barrels were red hot though. Lol, go figure. Man I scavenged a lot of shotgun shells to load for that and dove season.

I’m glad you scooped up some of those. My eyes almost fell out of their sockets when I saw the price so I begged mama to let me get some. My 270 loves them, but the elk sure don’t!
V/R,
Joe

Back