Different brands of bullets.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr

Beginner
Feb 5, 2009
Got to thinking and to be honest I have never reloaded another bullet than Nolser. I have used some factory ammo but as far as loading just Nolser. They are the only bullets my Dad would buy. I just went out in the shop and looked and I probably have 100 boxes of bullets my dad gave me 20 years ago. Nothing there but Nosler. May be some of the first boxes ever sold, I dont know. Out of everything I have stocked there is only one box of Berger VLD's unopened.
Top those who have used them all, am I missing anything??

Really they have. Everything from Squirrels to Alaskan moose. The Accubonds have amazed me more than any of them. 99%bang flops

There aren't any better bullets by brand for anything in America. If I hunted in Africa I would go with Swift A-Frames for expanding bullets on dangerous game but other than that Accubonds rule and partitions for the rest of big game. A lot of people prefer Ballistic tips and I can't slight that choice either.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

I started loading with Nosler bullet and with a one exception, load only Nosler bullets. The exception is, Nosler didn't or doesn't currently make specific bullets for that cal at that time, for example my 204Ruger - had to use Hornady initially, but I have bought Nosler BTs for it now and my 338 & 375 cal - Nosler doesn't make E-Tips for those calibers. Now I've heard a 338 cal 200gr ET is suppose to be out later this year.

I really want to try the E-Tips. I stocked up on new ones then got to thinking about how well the 200 AccuBond works in my 300. I have thought about swapping them for Accubonds but who knows

FWIW, If I wasn't mandated by law to use unleaded bullets, I probably wouldn't be using them. Since I'm in CA, I have to use them or not hunt.

I've loaded spear, sierra, hornady, swift, barnes, remmington, winchester, military surplus, home made lead, nosler, and a few more. By far, Nosler bullets are the most consistant for me.
Sierra Match kings probably shoot a little better then NCC's for me.

When someone brings me a gun that won't shoot, I load some Nosler BT's over a reliable powder, and take it to the range. If suprising how often that solves the problem.

Back