Dinner Tonight

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Well, I'm going to surprise Momma with grilled elk burgers, grilled pineapple and red onion salad, and grilled asparagus with fresh pesto. All my work is done and I've got time to do this. Tomorrow may be a different story.

DrMike,

Sounds like a great meal. I am sure your wife will appreciate it as any good woman will when her man does the cooking...and does it well :)

How do you make your Pesto?

By the way, my wife is on her way to N.C so I am having Porketta with a Venison roast. Of course cooked in cast iron; shreaded and topped with a slice of sweet onion put on hard rolls. ....and a nice iced tea. Simple yet delicious.

Long

Long,

I'll be over for leftovers.

I made the pesto with a bunch of cilantro, olive oil, salt, pepper, sliced almonds and grated parmesan cheese. All blended in the food processor. This will keep for several weeks in the fridge. This was an experiment as I usually use parsley and add garlic. I'm certain they would have been fine, but I had some cilantro that needed to be used, and so I decided to try it. It added a nice flavour to the pesto.

Back