Discontinued: IMR Enduron powders.

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Not sure why yet, as it was just announced, but Hodgdon will no longer offer any of the IMR Enduron product line of powders.

I can only assume General Dynamics (who makes the actual powder) can no longer keep making it for them. I know they used to make a lot of powder for Hodgdon and after they were awarded a huge defense contract they told Hodgdon they'd only be able to keep making the Enduron powders available to them. Perhaps they can't even do that now. It would explain why finding a lot of those powders has been extremely hard the last few months while others coming from Australia and Europe are still showing up here and there.

That and the fact that almost anything is impossible to get these days. I do not know if you're facing the same stresses in Canada.

That and the fact that almost anything is impossible to get these days. I do not know if you're facing the same stresses in Canada.
It is the same story here. Even though IMR is located here in Canada, the powders are difficult to find. Primers are very hard to find. It is a difficult time to be a hand loader.

Ouch. I never used them but it would be nice if IMR would offer something slower than 7828...

IMR4451 was what I worked up one load for a 260 that belongs to a relative. Do have alternatives that work about as well. He doesn't shoot much so not a big problem for him all at once. Dan.

I do not use them but that doesn't change the fact that I hate to hear this. It just puts more pressure on the remaining powder lines. Maybe the saving grace in it all is that according to the response from Hodgdon that Fotis posted, Enduron hasn't been able to regularly supply Hodgdon since back in 2019. So perhaps it will not have a noticeable effect on other powders being able to keep pace.

Well that’s a shame.
Dabbled with 7977 for the boy’s 257 WBY and 7mm Rem Mag , never got the results I was looking for.

They weren't able to replace the Endurons that went bad, instead they offered 3 pounds of H1000 due to no availability from Hodgdon.

I was wanting to try some of them out for the 264 and 6.5-300 guess now i wouldn't worry about looking for them

Sad to see this. IMR8133 was outstanding in the 338RUM. I actually would have settled on it but I was sitting on several pounds of Retumbo.

JD338

Back