E-Tip

Richracer1":293awwg2 said:
SOTN":293awwg2 said:
NO WAY..... I won't shoot a bullet thet don't have lead in'it.
Smitty of the North

That's fine until your state bans the use of lead bullets. California is almost at that point, an several other states are looking to ban lead bullets as well.

Richracer:

Go with the flow, and you Californians will be shooting rocks in yer muzzle loaders before long.

Watta Bummer.
Smitty of the North

Nice job of stereotyping people. There's 45 million Republicans in CA, how many in your state of north? Of course we happen to have 55 million democrats, most of which arent native CA, but transplants from your state and the other 48 states. If you think we are sitting around on our butts and doing nothing about it, you are gravely mistaken. Furthermore, when it comes to any guns rights issues, there isnt room for BS stereotyping, but there is room for sticking together.

SOTN":3r3sf5fy said:
Richracer1":3r3sf5fy said:
SOTN":3r3sf5fy said:
NO WAY..... I won't shoot a bullet thet don't have lead in'it.
Smitty of the North

That's fine until your state bans the use of lead bullets. California is almost at that point, an several other states are looking to ban lead bullets as well.

Richracer:

Go with the flow, and you Californians will be shooting rocks in yer muzzle loaders before long.

Watta Bummer.
Smitty of the North

Well, first off, I'm not a Californian. I'm an Idahoan serving in the Air Force, stationed at Vandenberg AFB in CA. As for me going with the flow, I have no choice, since I'm not a Californian and can not vote here.

Talked to a biologist a week ago and she said that Fort hunter ligget and Camp Pendleton are already lead free and that the anti lead airheads will problably sue Cal fish and game in federal court to get the rest of the state lead free . Also talked with a friend who hunted pigs on the Tejon ranch that went lead free and he was told that hunters were losing hogs to lead free bullets. OK nosler, if we loose this fight I'm gonna need some e-tips in a bunch of calibers in 257, 264, 277, 284, 358,375 even 224 . Any thoughts on a lead free 224 varmit bullet?

Aggie Dog:
You’re probably right. I’m sure the real Californians aren’t anti-gun, and most of the transplants are. We have the same crowd influencing the Greatland. Many of which came up from CA, some by the way of Seattle, and God only knows where else.

Richracer:
That’s a good point, but you seemed kinda nonchalant about a ban of lead bullets. It’s like, “Oh well, we can always use these new E bullets. No problem. We’ll just adapt.”

They banned lead shot, (for waterfowl), and screwed up the ballistics for shot gunners. Now they’re trying to ban lead sinkers too.

Think about the impact. Lead bullets work because they are heavy, and they are soft. Softer than, copper for example, even when covered by a jacket. There isn’t much give to copper. The bullet has to be longer to be the same weight, etc. etc. Barnes used coatings, and now, grooves to reduce friction, to get them to work.

Such a ban would put Nosler, and other bullet makers into financial ruin, and us handloaders along with them, at least in the short term.

Plus, they’re not gonna stop. They will set about banning something else, anything that represents freedom.

E bullets may be a great idea, but lead bullets are a better idea, and I don’t wanna switch. Certainly not, because I’m expecting lead bullets to be banned. That’s not a good reason IMO.

Anyway, I was more aggravated at the thought of banning lead bullets than at you, and I sincerely apologize for being offensive.
Smitty of the North

dubyam":u3aj39yq said:
I see that Nosler has a #6 coming out this summer, according to Cabelas. I suspect the E-Tip won't be in it, but that's just my suspicion.

The E-Tip will be in the new manual.

JusMo,

Any update on timing on RG#6?

JD338

I believe it will be August, that's just off the top of my head though. We're actually working on it right now, this is what I do for a break. :grin:

Thanks JusMo for the update on the RG#6.
Any word on additional E Tip calibers and weight you can share?

JD338

No word yet, but I will keep you guys updated when everything happens.

Ok I need (or want)

6mm 95 gr
270 130gr
7mm 150gr
30---covered
416---325gr

Now I axe you! Am I asking for 2 much? :grin: :shock: :lol:

If pressures of these bullets run the same as BT/AB's would like to see 130gr 270.If they run higher would like to see 120/125ish 270. 8)

C'mon guys, at least give us some idea of our chances of seeing a .277 (130 please!) in the near future. Purty please? :lol:

It is apparent there is no intention in making a 6mm AccuBond bullet for which I don't understand because I believe it could have been the best choice bullet for deer and antelope, easily surpassing competition's offerings. Will a 6mm E-tip bullet be available? I'm hoping the folks at Nosler are already thinking about this.

YoteSmoker":2xgqbz88 said:
It is apparent there is no intention in making a 6mm AccuBond bullet for which I don't understand because I believe it could have been the best choice bullet for deer and antelope, easily surpassing competition's offerings. Will a 6mm E-tip bullet be available? I'm hoping the folks at Nosler are already thinking about this.

One of the few companies in the business that LISTENS to its costumers! :wink:

We really do take into consideration what everyone on this forum has to say (we have a .204 Ballistic Tip because of that) and appreciate suggestions. As to what caliber E-Tip will be available next, honestly, your guess is as good as mine right now. I'll start another post where we can have everyone make suggestions and I'll show it to the correct people so that you get your voice heard.

Nosler,

Any updates on the E-Tip you can share?
Timing on the release of the 30 cal 180 gr and other calibers as well?
Are you going to conduct any field testing that you can tell us about?

Thanks Nosler!

JD338

I will gladly offer my services to field test the 180gn E-tip on the CA hogs at Vandenberg AFB using my 300RUM.

Richracer1":8fx356g3 said:
I will gladly offer my services to field test the 180gn E-tip on the CA hogs at Vandenberg AFB using my 300RUM.

ditto on WY Elk :lol:

Back