E-Tip

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Nosler,

Awesome looking bullet! When will the E-Tip bullet be available?
What E-Tip calibers and weights are planned for the future?
7mm 160 gr and 338 250 gr would be a good start. :grin:

JD338

Yah I spose they look ok. Just like a NBT in my book.

Looks like they are kinda based off the Barnes MRX...

As cool as they look or appear, I dont have much use for a bullet to retain 95% of its weight.

I bet there spendy as well...

Would be interesting to know whats available...

180gr 30cal is the first to be introduced. as long as the bullet has to be, it should be a 30-378 or 300rum bullet. i have a feeling it is not a 30-06 or 308 bullet. time will tell

I am not an expert but I was told this will expand in the same ranges as the Partition will.

So if you use a 180 Partition in a 30-06 for elk then why not the E-Tip?

remingtonman_25_06":2j75vsq7 said:
I bet there spendy as well...

Would be interesting to know whats available...

A little more than the Partition. A whole lot of bullet for the $$$.

Nice to know this, as the tree-hugging state of CA is debating the future use of any kind of lead in bullets and shotshells. I was hoping I would not have to develope a Barnes load for my 270WSM. Nosler, need to come up with more E-tip calibers, specifically the .277, quickly. Thanks

Richracer1":3hvxpurn said:
Nice to know this, as the tree-hugging state of CA is debating the future use of any kind of lead in bullets and shotshells. I was hoping I would not have to develope a Barnes load for my 270WSM. Nosler, need to come up with more E-tip calibers, specifically the .277, quickly. Thanks

Its all about saving the CA Condor. The birds are eating gut piles that have lead bullets in them and dying of lead poising.

The Nosler bullets will be better than the Barnes bullets. :wink:

JD338

baltz526":2s3vawoi said:
180gr 30cal is the first to be introduced. as long as the bullet has to be, it should be a 30-378 or 300rum bullet. i have a feeling it is not a 30-06 or 308 bullet. time will tell

Nosler told me that the 180 gr E Tip performed flawlessly on pigs in a 308Win. Should work just fine in a 30-06 or a 300 Mag.

JD338

I am not an expert but I was told this will expand in the same ranges as the Partition will.

So if you use a 180 Partition in a 30-06 for elk then why not the E-Tip?
accuracy! with normal barrel twist, how well will these long bullets stabalize in a 1in10" twist at 2400fps in the 308 or 2650 in the 30-06. time will tell.

can someone please explain to me the difference between these bullets besides how they look and what there made of. Seems to me that that all do the same thing......expand. The Partition, the E-Tip, and the AccuBond. Can someone please give me some insight on the differences

JD338 Its all about saving the CA Condor. The birds are eating gut piles that have lead bullets in them and dying of lead poising. JD338[/quote said:
Interesting! Don't recall ever having seeing a gut shot animal that wasn't a complete pass through. If that's all they have to go on we are in big trouble.

I for one am looking forward to trying the new E-Tip. Any idea how long the .308 180 is?

JD338":1jwvvshg said:
Its all about saving the CA Condor. The birds are eating gut piles that have lead bullets in them and dying of lead poising.

The Nosler bullets will be better than the Barnes bullets. :wink:

JD338

From what I've heard, that's just some group's speculation about the Condor and lead poisoning.

Anyway, good on Nosler for developing the E-Tip.

steve4102":36cjbes9 said:
JD338 Its all about saving the CA Condor. The birds are eating gut piles that have lead bullets in them and dying of lead poising. JD338[/quote:36cjbes9 said:
Interesting! Don't recall ever having seeing a gut shot animal that wasn't a complete pass through. If that's all they have to go on we are in big trouble.

I for one am looking forward to trying the new E-Tip. Any idea how long the .308 180 is?

Steve,

This is what I was told. I couldn't agree with you more!

From what the guys at Nosler told me today, the performance and accuracy are exceptional.

This bullet isn't going to foul like a pure copper bullet and doesn't seem as brittle. If the petals stay together with the shank of the bullet and penetrate, Nosler will have a winner. Time and field testing will tell but I think Nosler's E Tip will take off.

Cost of the E-Tip will be close to the price of the PT's. Far less than brand "B".

JD338

Excellent! I commend Nosler for coming up with a lead-free alternative. I've been working up loads for Barnes TSX and Lapua Naturalis because my personal choice is to use only lead-free bullets (it's the fragmentation that leaves bullet fragments in gutpiles which are consumed by scavengers including golden eagles, condors, etc.). I will gladly try Nosler's new bullet. MY only problem is that we have 260 Rem, 7mm Rem mag, and 35 Rem in our house so unless Nosler comes out with other calibers of the E bullet, I will have to go get a 30 caliber.....and I will if nothing else to ensure Nosler gets my support in their E bullet endeavor. I've been using Nosler's custom brass so it will be nice to load it with a Nosler bullet that is compatible with my choice of bullet (copper).

Sounds impressive but it's all for not if they don't come out with a .416 bullet. Them Condors are hard to bring down! :grin:

:grin: Nice! Looking forward to a 160 grainer for my 7mm Rem mag!

I think this 180 will work just fine from a .308 or a .30-06...

In fact, I'm planning on a mule deer hunt this fall in Wyoming, and would love to try the 180 on a big Wyoming mulie... :grin:

I am sure there are plans to bring out other calibers, but perhaps one of the Nosler folks could enlighten us a tad on what the timetable is, and maybe give some hints on what the next few E-tips will be?

I've hunted in Ca since I was old enough to go and I've never seen any scavenger bird or birds of prey feeding on a gutpile and I've been around a lot of deer and pig kills. I think coyotes and other ground varmits clean up most of that. This debate about condor lead poisoning is still going on because I dont beleive the condor huggers have any proof to their argument. At any rate, God bless Nosler for jumping on this , it looks like they want my money and when they make bullets in the calibers I need they will certainly get it!

so, the Partition, E-tip, and AccuBond all pretty much replicate the same effect except that they look different and are made of different metals? Just wondering if one was a better choice then the others for deer hunting. Seems to me like they all do the same thing, mushroom out. How would the bellets compare? Just seems like all these bullets do the same exact thing, they are just made different, so why not just have one bullet? I dunno, can someone elaborate on my theory?

Back