Nosler 2024 Bullet Wish List

What’s the last new bullet Nosler introduced anyways? Seriously curious. Maybe the heavy .277 ballistic tip? I wish they’d do something because I feel like they are getting blown out of the water by Hornady!

7mm E-tip, 100-120 grains
Do something to compete with the eld-vt but lead free in 20 cal, 22 cal and 6mm. LFBT-LR? Copper core like they already do but include a boat tail and bump the BC as high as possible. Maybe a small amount of tungsten in the base(5-10 grains)?

What’s the last new bullet Nosler introduced anyways? Seriously curious. Maybe the heavy .277 ballistic tip? I wish they’d do something because I feel like they are getting blown out of the water by Hornady!

7mm E-tip, 100-120 grains
Do something to compete with the eld-vt but lead free in 20 cal, 22 cal and 6mm. LFBT-LR? Copper core like they already do but include a boat tail and bump the BC as high as possible. Maybe a small amount of tungsten in the base(5-10 grains)?
I'm not sure if there has been something since but they did introduce the 7mm 160 gr BT at the same time they brought out the 277 170 gr BT. I was super pumped about those 170 gr BT's and have been stockpiling them since. I'm sure there were lots of guy's who were really happy with the 160 gr 7mm BT finally appearing.

I’d like to see a 120gr .284 E-Tip. I’d also like to see even just a little bit more support for .257.

First let me say I prefer Nosler products, but Nosler, you’re getting an ear full from me tonight.

MOST OF ALL! Manufacture and stock your existing offerings, and sell them at a fair price.
Hornady products are manufactured and in stock. They perform exceptionally well when compared to a bullet we can’t even get from Nosler. We can also buy first quality bullets from Hornady for what seconds cost from Nosler………if Nosler is available. That’s a big if.

Nosler,,,,,,,, Hornady is kicking your ass when it comes to getting components to my loading bench, at manageable fair prices, that are just as accurate as Nosler, and perform just as well on target and game. I now buy Hornady CX instead of E-tips and Partitions, SST’s in place of BT’s, and Interbond in place of Accubonds.

You don’t offer anything your competitors don’t offer, your products just aren’t there to be purchased, when your competitors are, and when they are the Nosler price is insulting. You are running an iconic, history laden company into eventual bankruptcy. Fix it!

Last edited:
.257 125gr BT
.257 120gr AB
And I’m liking what’ve seen with the 160BT at 3000mv. Controlled expansion rather than explosion, like the old days.
Id take a .308 200gr BT also

I'm not sure if there has been something since but they did introduce the 7mm 160 gr BT at the same time they brought out the 277 170 gr BT. I was super pumped about those 170 gr BT's and have been stockpiling them since. I'm sure there were lots of guy's who were really happy with the 160 gr 7mm BT finally appearing.
I kinda don’t know what else to say about Nosler? 7mm 160 BT, OK. Why shoot that over a 162gr eld-m for half the price with a lousy BC to boot? “Not a game bullet”…show me the animal that will shrug off a 162gr eld-m but a 160gr BT puts down clean with the same hit?! 7mm 180 gr BT might be something but we already know it’d be the same story against a 180gr eld-m. 175grABLR? Loses in BC, loses big time in $ and has a notoriously bad reputation for not shooting well.

It’s just kind of a lose, lose, lose situation and Nosler is going to have to do something new and competitive to stay relevant. Look at all the discussions on Hammer bullets, cutting edge, etc, etc other copper bullets but Nosler refuses to expand or improve their E-tip line???

Have you looked at cross sections of both bullets? I think it’s obvious the BT Hunting is designed for animals.
unlike the ELDM.
I broke both shoulders on a 120-130lb doe and got an exit with a BT last week.
3000MV at about 200yds distance.

Have you looked at cross sections of both bullets? I think it’s obvious the BT Hunting is designed for animals.
unlike the ELDM.
I broke both shoulders on a 120-130lb doe and got an exit with a BT last week.
3000MV at about 200yds distance.
Yes. Blown fist size holes through shoulder and spine on antelope of the same size with eld-m. Kills the ever living fire out of game, so “designed for game”, that’s nice. If Nosler wants to stick with that line then whatever just ride it out and see how it goes. AccuBond at least has legit merit and if they weren’t so touchy accuracy wise and expensive, AccuBond LR would probably be more competitive. Hornady introduces an eld-x bonded and it’s all over…

Last edited:
I’m riding comfortably for a good while.

Attachments

• IMG_6327.jpeg
    IMG_6327.jpeg
    532.8 KB · Views: 19
I kinda don’t know what else to say about Nosler? 7mm 160 BT, OK. Why shoot that over a 162gr eld-m for half the price with a lousy BC to boot? “Not a game bullet”…show me the animal that will shrug off a 162gr eld-m but a 160gr BT puts down clean with the same hit?! 7mm 180 gr BT might be something but we already know it’d be the same story against a 180gr eld-m. 175grABLR? Loses in BC, loses big time in $ and has a notoriously bad reputation for not shooting well.

It’s just kind of a lose, lose, lose situation and Nosler is going to have to do something new and competitive to stay relevant. Look at all the discussions on Hammer bullets, cutting edge, etc, etc other copper bullets but Nosler refuses to expand or improve their E-tip line???
I'm sure Nosler needs to do things better and I hope they do but Hornady is my last choice. Them getting caught trying to force their employees to take the clot shot is unforgiveable for a company and their "leadership" needs to be cleaned out. Plenty of other good companies out there to support too.

A 180 gr Ballistic Tip would be nice though for the 7 mm guys. Some guys are hunting with Nosler's RDF line which should compete with anything other's are putting out including the ELD-M

My wish list is that Nosler would once again enter the projectile manufacture business. They used to make great projectiles but seem to have since ceased manufacture.........(tongue in cheek)

I'm sure Nosler needs to do things better and I hope they do but Hornady is my last choice. Them getting caught trying to force their employees to take the clot shot is unforgiveable for a company and their "leadership" needs to be cleaned out. Plenty of other good companies out there to support too.

A 180 gr Ballistic Tip would be nice though for the 7 mm guys. Some guys are hunting with Nosler's RDF line which should compete with anything other's are putting out including the ELD-M
I agree with you there! Great bullets, horrible politics from Hornady. I’m not trying to bash Nosler, just explain why I think they’re falling behind. Too much coasting, not enough innovating and apparently not enough manufacturing capacity either.

Back