2023 Bullet Wish List

People may not like what I’m about to say but here it is anyway.

The SST performs every bit as well as a Ballistic Tip, and the ELD-X bests them both. Hot Cor’s hold together better than any non-bonded c&c bullet I’ve seen. Grand Slams retain as much weight as a Partition. Barnes, Hornady GMX & CX do everything an E-Tip will. And as far as target bullets go there are none better than Berger. The biggest plus to each alternative bullet is that they are all available and in stock to order, or on the shelf to purchase in person.I have a healthy stock of all the above, 1000 or better in all calibers I own for each I spoke of. Most of which are various Nosler‘s and Speer so I haven’t needed to buy. There’s still hope but Nosler is playing a dangerous game. When I get angry with a company’s lack of service I don’t go back.

If we could just get the primer situation straitened out we would be alright.
You left out my favorite though - Accubonds! We do have Swift I suppose.

Jim and I have BS'ed about this a few times. We, along with a few others have been die hard Nosler fellas for years, but this is beyond crazy these days, their availability and price is CRAZY for bullets. I still like and would use Nosler's, if they were available, but the days of sitting on my thumbs waiting for a bullet are done, cause their are so many other companies out there willing to put bullets in places I can buy them and for a reasonable cost. I totally understand not wanting to develop new loads and things like that, but biting my nails and waiting for Nosler to put bullets out for me and you to use is crazy to me. Swift, Speer, Barnes, Hammer, Hornady, Sierra, etc all make great bullets as well, and I'd bet it wouldn't be all that tough to swap over your favorite bullet from Nosler to one made by one of the other great makers with a little bit of load work.

So count me in as a fan of Nosler, but if they aren't there to use, when I wanna shoot, I am going to use something else, rather than not shoot.

Hornady does a have a line of bonded bullets called the interbond, I was able to get a box of 129gr in 264 a few years ago, though those are on the endangered species list currently.

I used to shoot them too. Grouped right with but did not perform as well as the ABs, had a few incidents of them kind of grenading on impact. Switched to Accubonds and haven't looked back (until I run out)

Jim and I have BS'ed about this a few times. We, along with a few others have been die hard Nosler fellas for years, but this is beyond crazy these days, their availability and price is CRAZY for bullets. I still like and would use Nosler's, if they were available, but the days of sitting on my thumbs waiting for a bullet are done, cause their are so many other companies out there willing to put bullets in places I can buy them and for a reasonable cost. I totally understand not wanting to develop new loads and things like that, but biting my nails and waiting for Nosler to put bullets out for me and you to use is crazy to me. Swift, Speer, Barnes, Hammer, Hornady, Sierra, etc all make great bullets as well, and I'd bet it wouldn't be all that tough to swap over your favorite bullet from Nosler to one made by one of the other great makers with a little bit of load work.

So count me in as a fan of Nosler, but if they aren't there to use, when I wanna shoot, I am going to use something else, rather than not shoot.
Amen to that x 1000

Ignorance
Arrogance
Simply don't care

It's one of those three going on at Nosler. I simply don't see a fourth option because....
Other mfg's are producing...

The same old song and dance y'all have heard...

Low availability of raw material
Check
Other mfg's are producing so that's no longer a reason....
it's a BS excuse

High Demand
Check
Other mfg'sthey've hired more or allocated efforts where it needs to be)

Nobody will work
Check
Again.. other mfg's have employees working.
An idea.....
If you offer it they will come
Pay more and they'll want to work.
Now the bullets cost more to offset salary? Well shit sheriff they're already top dollar what's another $ 5 dollars per box?
How about not needing the world's sexiest box to sell bullets. You can't tell me those boxes Nosler uses are a necessity and you also can't tell me they couldn't save money by using an ordinary box.

Nosler ALWAYS offered some state of the art box for bullets. They're just bullets. My simple Hornady boxes do a great job of ...guess what....
holding the bullets. Whoa!!

We all love Nosler otherwise why be on here but the availability is so bleak we're way beyond excuses. It's results time or they might as well close up shop because customers are leaving and with the premium price Nosler's expects they won't be coming back.
Too many excellent options out there that are available and....
.... hold the phone...
significantly less $$$

Imagine that.

Anyways ...
Ignorance
Arrogance
Or simply don't care

There is no option #4

Amen to that x 1000

Ignorance
Arrogance
Simply don't care

It's one of those three going on at Nosler. I simply don't see a fourth option because....

Check
it's a BS excuse

High Demand
Check

Nobody will work
Check
An idea.....
Now the bullets cost more to offset salary? Well shit sheriff they're already top dollar what's another $ 5 dollars per box?
How about not needing the world's sexiest box to sell bullets. You can't tell me those boxes Nosler uses are a necessity and you also can't tell me they couldn't save money by using an ordinary box.

Nosler ALWAYS offered some state of the art box for bullets. They're just bullets. My simple Hornady boxes do a great job of ...guess what....

We all love Nosler otherwise why be on here but the availability is so bleak we're way beyond excuses. It's results time or they might as well close up shop because customers are leaving and with the premium price Nosler's expects they won't be coming back.
.... hold the phone...
significantly less $$$

Imagine that.

Anyways ...
Ignorance
Arrogance
Or simply don't care

There is no option #4
Option #4........they just manufactured as loaded ammo on what they want and multiply x 4. Who is caring about the reloaders.......not them! Same goes for vista outdoors and their control of the primer market! Is barnes, swift, nosler and other manufacturers having to do the same. Vista outdoors tells them "I won't get you primers if you don't stop selling bullets"! I'm more PO'd at them than anyone else!

Nobody will work
Check
An idea.....
Possible #3.1: Bend is becoming increasingly Californicated. It's still a Bravo Sierra excuse, but I could see all the granolas taking over Bend not wanting to make those nasty old bullets.

Of course, I would think you would want to make the process as automated as possible anyway, but I don't know crap about manufacturing modern bullets.

Amen to that x 1000

Ignorance
Arrogance
Simply don't care

Check
it's a BS excuse

High Demand
Check

Nobody will work
Check
An idea.....

.... hold the phone...
significantly less $$$

Imagine that.

Anyways ...
Ignorance
Arrogance
Or simply don't care

There is no option #4

holly hell pal give it a dog gone rest . you've gotta be the biggest pain in the ass forums have ever had to deal with . the only reason you post is to bash nosler . you turn every freakin thread into a nosler bash . your about as classy as a turd in the punch bowl .

turd in bowl.jpg

Consider that deal busted then.
Nosler isn't charging any less that's for sure and prices today for example a quick comparison...
Nosler 25 cal. 115 gr.
ballistic silvertip
$45.95
Ballistic Coefficient # .453

Hornady ELD-X
25 cal. 110 gr.
BC# .465
$48.99

Not too bad right?

WRONG

The Hornady price is for a 100 bullet package while Nosler's is for a box of 50.

Twice as much and the Hornady has a higher BC as well.

Examples like these piss me off. I could ignore it if product was available.
The fact it's twice as much now and not even available is absurd.
I’ve always had good luck with Hornady components and ammunition.

Vince

Option #4........they just manufactured as loaded ammo on what they want and multiply x 4. Who is caring about the reloaders.......not them! Same goes for vista outdoors and their control of the primer market! Is barnes, swift, nosler and other manufacturers having to do the same. Vista outdoors tells them "I won't get you primers if you don't stop selling bullets"! I'm more PO'd at them than anyone else!
Primers are trickling out there...not in full force but they are popping up here and there.

CCI's and Winchester are probably the two I've seen the most of with Federal being the least. Matter of fact I can't say the last time I've seen Federal primers for sale. Perhaps you've seen the exact opposite?

Most of the bullets they have in stock are Target.
I think they are focusing in the wrong area.
I just bought 25 cal BST 115gr from Nosler and they are available...
I also see 45 cal 300gr BST are available as well and seen those on the shelf at a couple stores.
Its only a guess but I'd say those are still leftovers of a couple slower selling sku's
because there is a hiccup in the lubalox process getting done. I heard that from Winchester themselves.

At the local box store there are several custom competition bullets available but I can't say from how long ago these were stocked.

Primers are trickling out there...not in full force but they are popping up here and there.

CCI's and Winchester are probably the two I've seen the most of with Federal being the least. Matter of fact I can't say the last time I've seen Federal primers for sale. Perhaps you've seen the exact opposite?
I had seen fed primers in spp, ar-match and srp in stock a few days ago.

Back