2023 Bullet Wish List

If your not the only show in town it’s tough to charge what you want for admission. Other other shows, movies, and musicals are just as enjoyable with more reasonable admission costs. Also, an apology holds much less value when it keeps coming for the same misbehavior.

I love Nosler products. Please don’t think I dislike Nosler products. I most certainly do not. But, it’s very very arrogant on Noslers part to think shooters will forever wait for scraps when other manufacturers provide equal accuracy, performance, and are in stock. If I don’t serve my customer someone else will with a smile and thank you.
I wrote something similar a few posts up. I really like Nosler products but there is a problem going on...

Shooters are still going to shoot. They will find a way. If nobody made any bullets then they'd figure out how to cast some bullets. LOL
Either way people will continue doing what they enjoy. Many in this industry have only one hobby and this is it.

It Nosler just wants to keep on keeping on as normal. They offer up excuses with no results.
Other bullet mfg's will offer an excuse or two but they're still getting product on the shelf. Might not be as much as they once did but it's not terribly far away.
With Nosler it's bleak. Other MFG you might not see 5 boxes of a particular SKU on the shelf but perhaps there is 2 or 3 boxes. In other words they're still getting product out there.

Excuses used by Nosler
High demand. The infamous high demand.
Ok..so then make more.

Workers going around the clock
Get more workers. Add a shift or two.

Nobody wants to work
I beg to differ. If you offer it they will come. In other words pay them and the workers will line up

Lack of material
That's interesting because other companies seem to get raw materials

Customer service lack thereof
again hire more help.

You may or may not agree with my assessment of Nosler right now but the fact remains there is no product out there and we've past the excuse window and are in the midst of the results window. Meaning early on the excuses might have been valid but we're way past that phase and need results. Other companies out there are putting product on the shelf and there is no reason Noslder can't either...

unless of course they just don't really care to adjust and adapt and keep on keeping on like they always have and whatever and however the chips fall so be it. They are not budging in their ways and too bad!

It's that time of year to let Nosler management know what we want and/or need
Let's provide a list of what we are thinking.

.375 260 gr AB
.375 260 gr ET
.44 250 gr PT
45/70 300 gr PT
Increase production to keep up with demand

JD338
No Nosler Partition or Accubonds at Sportsman Warehouse only bullets on the shelf are Hornady bullets ……..why ?
I need .308 180gr Ballistic Silvertips !
.458 in 350gr PT

No Nosler Partition or Accubonds at Sportsman Warehouse only bullets on the shelf are Hornady bullets ……..why ?
I need .308 180gr Ballistic Silvertips !
.458 in 350gr PT

"No Nosler Partition or Accubonds at Sportsman Warehouse only bullets on the shelf are Hornady bullets ……..why ?"

Because Hornady is doing a much better job getting product on the shelf.

"I need .308 180gr Ballistic Silvertips !"

Absolutely positively damn straight. I'm down to 120 or so

"No Nosler Partition or Accubonds at Sportsman Warehouse only bullets on the shelf are Hornady bullets ……..why ?"

Because Hornady is doing a much better job getting product on the shelf.

"I need .308 180gr Ballistic Silvertips !"

Absolutely positively damn straight. I'm down to 120 or so
I bought a ton of Nosler pre covid BS but since, with the rarity I have done a lot of Norma buying once they had a website that would actually stock reloading components. So I am 95 percent in Nolser/Norma with a small percentage of .277 Fusion bullets for my .270W and some PPU in 9.3 and 6.5.

I can think of no new products that I would rather see more than just getting regular standby products back out on the shelves. Nosler has long been my go to in nearly every caliber but even before this shortage I was trying out bullets from all of the other makers so as to not put all of my eggs in one basket so to speak.

I will continue to use Nosler so long as they are available and affordable but I also like Barnes, Sierra, Hornady, Berger, and Speer bullets. Luckily I was stocked up on most of my favorite Nosler products before everything went completely to hell, but, if I were forced to pay double or more for my standbys, that might be a deal breaker.

I can think of no new products that I would rather see more than just getting regular standby products back out on the shelves. Nosler has long been my go to in nearly every caliber but even before this shortage I was trying out bullets from all of the other makers so as to not put all of my eggs in one basket so to speak.

I will continue to use Nosler so long as they are available and affordable but I also like Barnes, Sierra, Hornady, Berger, and Speer bullets. Luckily I was stocked up on most of my favorite Nosler products before everything went completely to hell, but, if I were forced to pay double or more for my standbys, that might be a deal breaker.
Consider that deal busted then.
Nosler isn't charging any less that's for sure and prices today for example a quick comparison...
Nosler 25 cal. 115 gr.
ballistic silvertip
$45.95
Ballistic Coefficient # .453

Hornady ELD-X
25 cal. 110 gr.
BC# .465
$48.99

Not too bad right?

WRONG

The Hornady price is for a 100 bullet package while Nosler's is for a box of 50.

Twice as much and the Hornady has a higher BC as well.

Examples like these piss me off. I could ignore it if product was available.
The fact it's twice as much now and not even available is absurd.

The Hornady price is for a 100 bullet package while Nosler's is for a box of 50.
I am on the same page,,,,I wanted to try the 200 grain Accubonds soon for my 300 Win Mag, but the prices was outrageous for 50 pieces, so I settled for two boxes of the ELD-X 200 grain of 100 pieces per box instead. If Nosler could reduce their prices / increase number of bullet count to match other competitors, I will be happy. With prices so high for the Accubonds and Ballistic Tips, it makes me want to turn away and look for bullets from Hornady which are my 2nd favored bullets on the market. I already have a stash of Ballistic Tips for my 6.5's ( 10 boxes of 120's and 10 boxes of 140's ) , 8 boxes of 165's and 5 boxes of 150's for the .308 and 4 boxes of 180 Accubonds for the 300 Winny and 2 boxes of the 180 Ballistic Tips, once they are used up, if prices aren't reasonable, I may have to turn away from Nosler and look at Hornady's line of bullets or other manufacturers.

Come on Nosler, make us happy and lower your prices and increase your number of bullets per box to match Hornady's prices!!

Most of the bullets they have in stock are Target.
I think they are focusing in the wrong area.

People may not like what I’m about to say but here it is anyway.

The SST performs every bit as well as a Ballistic Tip, and the ELD-X bests them both. Hot Cor’s hold together better than any non-bonded c&c bullet I’ve seen. Grand Slams retain as much weight as a Partition. Barnes, Hornady GMX & CX do everything an E-Tip will. And as far as target bullets go there are none better than Berger. The biggest plus to each alternative bullet is that they are all available and in stock to order, or on the shelf to purchase in person.I have a healthy stock of all the above, 1000 or better in all calibers I own for each I spoke of. Most of which are various Nosler‘s and Speer so I haven’t needed to buy. There’s still hope but Nosler is playing a dangerous game. When I get angry with a company’s lack of service I don’t go back.

If we could just get the primer situation straitened out we would be alright.

Last edited:

The SST performs every bit as well as a Ballistic Tip, and the ELD-X bests them both. Hot Cor’s hold together better than any non-bonded c&c bullet I’ve seen. Grand Slams retain as much weight as a Partition. Barnes, Hornady GMX & CX do everything an E-Tip will. And as far as target bullets go there are none better than Berger. The biggest plus to each alternative bullet is that they are all available and in stock to order, or on the shelf to purchase in person.I have a healthy stock of all the above, 1000 or better in all calibers I own for each I spoke of. Most of which are various Nosler‘s and Speer so I haven’t needed to buy. There’s still hope but Nosler is playing a dangerous game. When I get angry with a company’s lack of service I don’t go back.

Some of you all are much more experienced in the newer line of bullets than I am, so I wont offer comparisons on those, but the highlighted part I can strongly agree with. The only bullet I'd say is just as good or better in that respect at least in some calibers and weights, is the core lokts, but they're not available anymore as a reloading component, so that's a mute point.

I wouldn't mind if I needed to use soft-points, but it's a no go in my autoloaders (AR's). My greatest selection is AR's and very few BA's (1 lever, 5 BA's, 2 on the build). All though they are not my hunting rifles (BA's) and most likely will never hunt.

Arm or Ally has Nosler bullets on stock with 20% off

I tried 3 different bullets that I could use. None were in stock.
Thanks for the 20% tip, it may be helpful if you can find what you need.

BTW - the site says that there is a bullet cost increase effective Jan 2023.

I tried 3 different bullets that I could use. None were in stock.
Thanks for the 20% tip, it may be helpful if you can find what you need.

BTW - the site says that there is a bullet cost increase effective Jan 2023.
Nosler bullet increase, yes:(. I was however able to get 2k of cci250's, but at a 17.4 cents/piece was my limit.

100 Gr. BT's in .257 ON THE SHELF! Not fond of shipping from SPS. Oh, who am I kidding - its the way of the world, and better for the profit margin I suppose. CL

Grand Slams retain as much weight as a Partition. Barnes, Hornady GMX & CX do everything an E-Tip will. And as far as target bullets go there are none better than Berger.
I wish Speer would make Grand Slams in a more slippery profile. I love them in my Whelen, but in my .25-06 or .257 Weatherby or 7 WSM, I want more BC.

Consider that deal busted then.
Nosler isn't charging any less that's for sure and prices today for example a quick comparison...
Nosler 25 cal. 115 gr.
ballistic silvertip
$45.95
Ballistic Coefficient # .453

Hornady ELD-X
25 cal. 110 gr.
BC# .465
$48.99

Not too bad right?

WRONG

At least in the last 20 years, Hornady bullets have always been half what Noslers are.

Back