2023 Bullet Wish List

Is Nosler still in the bullet business??? Seriously, I haven’t seen a 160 grain 7mm AccuBond on a shelf in maybe 3 years or more. Anything Nosler that I have seen is crazy expensive.

Admittedly, I have some buyers remorse for diving in with a 28 nosler. $115/box for ammo, if it can be found at all.

I understand supply chain issues are impacting everyone, but somehow Hornady and others are managing to find materials and supply product, especially for their new calibers, for a fraction of the price. I am starting to look elsewhere, after shooting Nosler products for 40 years:( I don’t want to develop a load using components that are perpetually unavailable
I hate saying this as I like Nosler bullets. I really do.
BUT......

All things being equal Nosler has done a poor job keeping up with demand.
I don't know if demand has really increased THAT much and or material is much more difficult to acquire.?.
The fact remains compared to other mfg's they've been absolutely one of, if not the worst, of the bunch.

The whole labor thing only goes so far with me. Yes there are people who don't want to work but everyone and I do mean everyone has a price.
Moreover if you get a little creative you can help offset some salary increase to actually get that labor working.

I just got a box of ballistic silvertip bullets from Nosler.
Do we really have to have the world's sexiest box?
That CT box in the last 15 years has now changed three times. I understand it's a perception thing to try and justify the expense of Nosler bullets.
You know....if Joey bag o' donies thinks it's an expensive looking box then that must mean these are the world's greatest bullets residing inside such a glamorous box and justifies the high price tag.

I believe this will most definitely hurt Nosler going forward.
People are still going to shoot. They will find a way. The lack of product availability has most definitely made shooters explore other manufacturers.
Hornady is a great example of adapting, adjusting, improvising and overcoming the odds and they ALWAYS have a live body on the phone. ALWAYS!
Again I hate to say it but there's two teams right now in mfg.

Team A overcomes hurdles and get's results. No matter the adversity they're results driven. More staff, creative with purchasing materials, etc etc

Team B offers excuses and on the ready to whip those excuses out the holster for every and any challenge going on at present. They're excuse driven for any and all results not being met.

Sadly we know which camp Nosler is in at present.

I hate saying this as I like Nosler bullets. I really do.
BUT......

All things being equal Nosler has done a poor job keeping up with demand.
I don't know if demand has really increased THAT much and or material is much more difficult to acquire.?.
The fact remains compared to other mfg's they've been absolutely one of, if not the worst, of the bunch.

The whole labor thing only goes so far with me. Yes there are people who don't want to work but everyone and I do mean everyone has a price.
Moreover if you get a little creative you can help offset some salary increase to actually get that labor working.

I just got a box of ballistic silvertip bullets from Nosler.
Do we really have to have the world's sexiest box?
That CT box in the last 15 years has now changed three times. I understand it's a perception thing to try and justify the expense of Nosler bullets.
You know....if Joey bag o' donies thinks it's an expensive looking box then that must mean these are the world's greatest bullets residing inside such a glamorous box and justifies the high price tag.

I believe this will most definitely hurt Nosler going forward.
People are still going to shoot. They will find a way. The lack of product availability has most definitely made shooters explore other manufacturers.
Hornady is a great example of adapting, adjusting, improvising and overcoming the odds and they ALWAYS have a live body on the phone. ALWAYS!
Again I hate to say it but there's two teams right now in mfg.

Team A overcomes hurdles and get's results. No matter the adversity they're results driven. More staff, creative with purchasing materials, etc etc

Team B offers excuses and on the ready to whip those excuses out the holster for every and any challenge going on at present. They're excuse driven for any and all results not being met.

Sadly we know which camp Nosler is in at present.
I can't agree more with this statement! It's almost like nobody is at home with Nosler... I've been shooting their bullets for 40 plus years now in several calibers as I'm sure all of you have. If I have a choice, I'll buy Noslers.. Lately I've been shooting Hornady bullets with excellent results, accuracy and performance are very good. I don't plan on quitting shooting or hunting and I will continue to do so with or witout Nosler bullets... Come on Nosler, you can do better!

I can't agree more with this statement! It's almost like nobody is at home with Nosler... I've been shooting their bullets for 40 plus years now in several calibers as I'm sure all of you have. If I have a choice, I'll buy Noslers.. Lately I've been shooting Hornady bullets with excellent results, accuracy and performance are very good. I don't plan on quitting shooting or hunting and I will continue to do so with or witout Nosler bullets... Come on Nosler, you can do better!
100%. Nosler were always my go to. My shelf has a majority of red boxes now. 1 because it is more available at the local gun shop, 2 because they have sales on their product from time to time, 3 because it is in boxes of 100 and 4 because the value proposition for money is better. I like to shoot at the range and practice with the bullets I hunt with. Nosler make this proposition a lot more expensive, particularly when I have two lads who like to join me.

This is the lowest online price I found, if they were in stock:
That amount x4 and actual shipping will get them in your hands.

John

185gr 45cal JHP pistol bullets
XMAS sale you get $5 shipping plus another 10 percent off.

This is the lowest online price I found, if they were in stock:
That amount x4 and actual shipping will get them in your hands.

John
Thanks but I'm going to pass since I have other alternatives.

XMAS sale you get $5 shipping plus another 10 percent off.
Thanks for the heads up. They weren't there earlier when I got an email from them.

A viable supply of the bullets they currently should be manufacturing. I’d be very happy with that. I can’t get the excuses to group worth a damn.

That's
Saw a box of ABLR 6.5mm 142 grain at sportsman's last night. $106.00 B4 tax!
Holy smokes!
That's a 100 count box but still $1.06 per pill.

JD338

Hopefully Nosler gets it figured out but if they can't figure out how to remain competitive in the current market then I think the writing may be on the wall....

Hopefully Nosler gets it figured out but if they can't figure out how to remain competitive in the current market then I think the writing may be on the wall....
If your not the only show in town it’s tough to charge what you want for admission. Other other shows, movies, and musicals are just as enjoyable with more reasonable admission costs. Also, an apology holds much less value when it keeps coming for the same misbehavior.

I love Nosler products. Please don’t think I dislike Nosler products. I most certainly do not. But, it’s very very arrogant on Noslers part to think shooters will forever wait for scraps when other manufacturers provide equal accuracy, performance, and are in stock. If I don’t serve my customer someone else will with a smile and thank you.

Last edited:
If your not the only show in town it’s tough to charge what you want for admission. Other other shows, movies, and musicals are just as enjoyable with more reasonable admission costs. Also, an apology holds much less value when it keeps coming for the same misbehavior.

I love Nosler products. Please don’t think I dislike Nosler products. I most certainly do not. But, it’s very very arrogant on Noslers part to think shooters will forever wait for scraps when other manufacturers provide equal accuracy, performance, and are in stock. If I don’t serve my customer someone else will with a smile and thank you.
Same goes with the idiots over at vista outdoors! Large part of the primer market that's intentionally holding back on large primers for ammo mfgs!

I'm pretty happy with the bullets list right now but I sure would like to see something new made BEHIND the bullet! That being NOSLER starting to make some excellent quality Nosler 6mm Remington brass! That's it for me and for the other 6mm Remington fans out there.

6MM REMINGTON
Yes 1000x!

Back