Nosler 2024 Bullet Wish List

I agree with you there! Great bullets, horrible politics from Hornady.
Good now that that's out of the way what do you think of the RDF line? I know I have seen where guys are using them for game just like many are using other "match" bullets like the TMK and ELD-M.

Good now that that's out of the way what do you think of the RDF line? I know I have seen where guys are using them for game just like many are using other "match" bullets like the TMK and ELD-M.
33% more expensive for 11% less BC,7mm 185 RDF vs 7mm 180 eld-m. Not competitive with Hornady on merit. I guess we’ll give the moral high ground to Nosler for a win.

I agree with posters about the apparent lack of concern and production from Nosler. I'm sure they have heard similar things from other sources but this is NOSLER Forums so if anyone is listening at the factory why doesn't someone address these issues? If this has been done I missed it and will readily stand corrected. The crickets I've heard tends to enforce the idea that the consumer is being ignored.
Regarding the use of Hornady's ELD-M bullets for hunting, my family uses the 6.5 147s in 6.5 CM and PRC with continuing success. Last season, my youngest killed a large bodied buck at a lasered 320 yds and dropped him in his tracks. No spine shot, through the lungs and vitals.
This year, I used a 129 SST in my CM for the first time and it appeared to work just as well as the 120 BTs we've used for many years.

Ron

I won't continue the bashing but will just agree with what others have said regarding availability and pricing of components. Since Nosler finally did a run of .308 200gr Accubonds a few months back I now have enough of their bullets in all practical calibers on the shelf to load and hunt comfortably for the rest of my life. They're what I prefer to shoot at animals with and I will continue to do so. That being said unless I see that hell has frozen over and they've done a run of something, anything, in .358 I honestly don't see myself making another Nosler purchase. I've taken to loading other manufacturers for practice rounds, and a couple hunting actually, so I really don't see the need.
I'll still be sticking around here though because this is the best forum on the internet with without a doubt the best group of people on it. It's what got me into shooting Noslers in the first place and whatever their shortcomings may be it hasn't effected the great and helpful people here.

Bullet performance on game, accuracy on target, ease of load development and confidence in all of it means more to me than cost.
Or BC, within reason. This long range emphasis on about everything these days is overblown as we know, and by far most animals are taken at distances where BC is mostly irrelevant, and ultra sleek thin jacket bullets may or may not perform as needed. Ive shot deer with Ballistic Tip and AccuBond for decades and they have covered my needs fully.
Ive used the Berger LRHT 2 times so far this year with good results and plan to keep testing it. Need to spend more time on ABLR at some point.
We have all endured shortages in the past, and have had adequate opportunity to secure adequate supply of needed components.
Dont waste the next one you see !
update: the 153 Berger is tough enough for good penetration, at least in this one hard quartering away shot around 100 yds, 3000MV.IMG_2725.jpeg
He made it 60-70 and piled up.

Last edited:
I would like to see some .452 185gr. FMJHP competition pistol bullets. To shoot in my competition 1911's.

I know a guy that is diehard Nosler AB user for years. He teaches LR shooting schools, and strongly advocates for the AB's.
He has going/gone to Hornady Interbonds, and is encouraging others to as well who are frustrated or can't find them

I know a guy that is diehard Nosler AB user for years. He teaches LR shooting schools, and strongly advocates for the AB's.
He has going/gone to Hornady Interbonds, and is encouraging others to as well who are frustrated or can't find them
I may be wrong, but didn't Hornady retire the Interbond recently?

I may be wrong, but didn't Hornady retire the Interbond recently?
I Don't Know...That is how smart I am :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully, if they did, is because they plan to come out with a higher BC bonded bullet-I would be a happy camper:love:

Hornady did say they were discontinuing interbonds. In a few of their podcasts they have said they are expensive to manufacture and hard to get to shoot accurately. Focusing on the softer high BC bullets apparently so don’t expect anything new. CX is their tough bullet

Lou

Hornady did say they were discontinuing interbonds. In a few of their podcasts they have said they are expensive to manufacture and hard to get to shoot accurately. Focusing on the softer high BC bullets apparently so don’t expect anything new. CX is their tough bullet

Lou
Roger that-Thanks!

Back