Empty handed......

Lorenzo

Beginner
Nov 8, 2010
I just arrived from a friend's farm. 600 acres of just harvested wheat sorrounded by thornbush. I walked from 8 pm to 5am !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only saw ONE pig and it seemed he was riding a motorbike, I was unable to cut distances. A pity because the night was warm and the yellow harvested fields were glowing under the moon making black picks very visible.

Well, so no pictures and no pigs...this is the reason we are so happy when we are able to hunt something !!!!!! :mrgreen:
Anyway, being "out there" is what we as hunters enjoy more.....!!!!!!! 8)

Yeah Buddy thats why we are out there. Start shooting stuff and the work begins...

But where the heck are they combining wheat now? How far south are you?

Rod

Its still better than staying home. :lol:

JD338

Yeap, Jim is right. I am taking the bow out in the morning at work, supposed to be 26* tomorrow, hopefully the deer are moving and I can put another Rage to work! Scotty

nodak7mm":22ig45xd said:
Yeah Buddy thats why we are out there. Start shooting stuff and the work begins...

But where the heck are they combining wheat now? How far south are you?

Rod

A little bit south from your home..... :mrgreen:

I am from Uruguay, bordering with Argentina and south of Brazil.

Summer time down here !!!!!!! Google Punta del Este and you will see what normal people of my country do during summer while the crazy ones like I spend the nights chasing pigs :roll: :mrgreen:

Anyway, I am not escaping from spending some days there because if not my wifewill kill me :mrgreen:

L

Lorenzo,

I took your advice and did a google, it was really interesting regarding the similar agriculture. Even saw a JD Combine....

What you ought to do, (game regulations permitting) is ride around with your friend & a couple of rifles when he is harvesting or doing field work. The critters you see when combining is amazing..

Anyways, thanks for sharing your story and please include some more of your great pix. Always super kool to look at others hunting/shootinig pix, especially when as diverse as your locale.

Rod

Back