Ever have a gun you were afraid to shoot?

YES.

As head of the firearms program at my little police department, it was my duty to test fire and document guns seized from defendants. It helped the prosecutors if they could state that the firearm the bad guy had been armed with was functional, that it fired.

Some of those guns I looked at for a long time before I pulled the trigger... A lot of bad guys aren't exactly great about their firearms maintenance...

Never did have one that I fastened to a tire or something and fired with a string, but I was prepared to do so.

Guy

The worst kicks I ever got were from.two 308's (!).
One was a Blaser 93 with a pronounced right hand stock (I am left handed), and a friend asked me to zero his scope, the other one a savage lady hunter, that bumped as hell (was a test for my Ex). Who ever came up with the idea that lady's guns should be light WAS WRONG!
I am happy to shoot ladders with 8x68 all day, but those two were no fun.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

And that is why the 7mm-08 and 260 Rem were developed!
To get better performance for shooting the 500 meter rams offhand and being able to call your own misses, which you cannot do with the 308.
I will say that the "sharpest" kicking rifle (not the hardest kicking) I have ever fired was a Winchester Model 70 pushfeed in 300 Wby.

Back