Ever hear of Bansner rifles?

I think Mark Banser does a bunch of accurizing, even for slug guns. I know I have read some about his stuff, and it looks pretty top notch. Scotty

beretzs":2lomxtb4 said:
I think Mark Banser does a bunch of accurizing, even for slug guns. I know I have read some about his stuff, and it looks pretty top notch. Scotty

Yeah, 6K worth...LOL

Mark is an excellant smith, he built my STW (UR-1) in 1996, then his prices were acceptable, I paid him 2370.00 for the complete rifle built from scratch to my specs, he has now priced himself out of my reach.
He started out doing shotgun chokes, but the screw in choke industry took his work away he then started making rifles.
RR

Bansner builds a right fine rifle although I have not hunted with one - I have stopped in at their booth at the SCI convention until in '09 when a "high pressure salesman" stepped up while still in the isle and began "dickering" with me, offering down payment options, terms and such - HONEST TO GOD, I thought I had taken a wrong turn into an auto dealership !! These "custom" rifle makers must be reading different newspapers and such than I do because they act as if we were all millionaires (given that a BIG % of SCI attendees must be) I will take my Kimber Montanas and New Haven model 70's and everyone else can HAVE that high dollar iron

backcountryhunter":2prn0qog said:
Bansner builds a right fine rifle although I have not hunted with one - I have stopped in at their booth at the SCI convention until in '09 when a "high pressure salesman" stepped up while still in the isle and began "dickering" with me, offering down payment options, terms and such - HONEST TO GOD, I thought I had taken a wrong turn into an auto dealership !! These "custom" rifle makers must be reading different newspapers and such than I do because they act as if we were all millionaires (given that a BIG % of SCI attendees must be) I will take my Kimber Montanas and New Haven model 70's and everyone else can HAVE that high dollar iron

And for big game?? How accurate does a rifle have to be anyway?

As accurate as I can get it. 2" at 100 yards would have handled most everything I have shot, but the quest for accuracy is at least as important to me as hunting itself is.

backcountryhunter":3h95gm5i said:

its all about the simple laws of supply and demand, When in 1996 I decided to have my first full house custom rifle built I started researching, for what I wanted there were 3 names you read about alot. Kenny Jarrette, David Miller and mark Bansner. I started calling on the phone
Kenny Jarrette's beanfield rifle was 4600.00, David Millers marksman was 7300.00 and Marks UR1 was 1970.00 so I went to harrisburg and talked to mark, he had already done some work on a valmet 412 for me, which I was tickled to death with, but I had never spent 2 grand on a rifle and I was hesitant. I returned home still not committed, 2 weeks later I called mark with a couple questions, I was wanting a 300 kong but after talking with mark I dropped that as just too much expense for what I needed.
Mark told me on the phone that since he remembered me talking to him at the show that he would build it for me for the special show price, I was still hesitant, then mark said, look you want a custom rifle, tell me what you want I'll build it, keep it a month, shoot it, if your not happy with it, I'll fix it, exchange it, or give you your money back. I told him to go ahead and build it, gave him the list of specs and put a down payment on it, I'm more than glad I did.
Then his rifles became more in demand so the price went up, and up. I'll never buy another Bansner firearm because there are many "no name" smiths out there that can build rifles just as well that the rich guys haven't heard of yet, but if they are truly good smiths, they don't do cheap work long.
RR

BK":1wiqg6rr said:
As accurate as I can get it. 2" at 100 yards would have handled most everything I have shot, but the quest for accuracy is at least as important to me as hunting itself is.

handled most everything I have shot

So what hasn't it handled?

So 2" at 100 would spread out to say what 4" at 300?

So these "custom" rifles... what kind of accuracy can you expect at extended ranges, 300 and futher?

I expect them to shoot better than I do, the bansner has done less than 3" at 400 yards, but due to its weight the groups start to open up quick at 500 yards, my heavy guns I expect under moa to beyond 1000 yards. but this is what they do best
lastday.jpg

5 shots, 4 different shooters 2731 yards combined ranges.
RR

Ridge_Runner":10240um7 said:
I expect them to shoot better than I do, the bansner has done less than 3" at 400 yards, but due to its weight the groups start to open up quick at 500 yards, my heavy guns I expect under moa to beyond 1000 yards.
RR

my heavy guns I expect under moa to beyond 1000 yards.

what do you mean heavy guns.... caliber or just weight? And a one inch group at 1000 yards... I have to see this to believe it.

boolit":3e74vkpu said:
Ridge_Runner":3e74vkpu said:
I expect them to shoot better than I do, the bansner has done less than 3" at 400 yards, but due to its weight the groups start to open up quick at 500 yards, my heavy guns I expect under moa to beyond 1000 yards.
RR

my heavy guns I expect under moa to beyond 1000 yards.

what do you mean heavy guns.... caliber or just weight? And a one inch group at 1000 yards... I have to see this to believe it.
under moa at 1K is less than 10.473"
my heavy guns are the ones built to my specs to shoot long range, they weigh in at around 14# ready to shoot.but I did do this once
2shots.jpg

3 shots into .04 moa at 752 yards, grop measures .34"
RR

MOA: minute of angle, a unit of angular measurement equal to 1/60th of 1 degree, actualy equals 1.0473" per 100 yards of range
RR

Back