Finally got my 17 Hornet!

DeerTracker

Handloader
Nov 19, 2010
And it's the funnest little rifle I have ever shot! Built off a 77/22Hornet action with 20" stainless barrel with the factory walnut stock bedded to the barreled action. It's got a Nikon pro staff 4-12x40 on it. I tookmitmoutnto my grandparents this evening and did a quick sight that would be good enough to kill a gopher or two before they went down for the night. I found one about 75 yards out and this was the result
null_zps87c0c8de.jpg

The wind was blowing pretty good this evening so once it calms down, I'll get set up on my bench and get her really dialed in. I've got a case and a half of factor 20gr vmax superformance ammo to run through it before I'll need to work up loads for it.

Here is another pic of it.
null_zps5581e498.jpg

That has to be a sweet round. Yeah, I imagine it could ruin a gopher's day (or evening).

I have the Savage 17 Hornet. Very very accurate! We were breaking clay pigeon pieces at 200 yards.

I have a 77/22WMR that never shot well. I have been lazy and have not sent it to Ruger to get looked over. Thinking may be the WIN super 17 when barrels are offered in it. Wonder if it will fit the 77/22WMR action and magazine?

That looks nice, I hope you keep us up to date on how things are progressing. The 17 Hornet looks like a lot of fun.

Back