Finally some range time!

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Been stuck in the house for awhile, so finally went out to shoot some. My sauer 100xt in 9.3x62 is coming together with the 250 AB load. The ruger african in 275 rigby seems to finally be settling down also. Only shot one group each with these two. Was mainly going to play with my Howa 6.5CM I use for target shooting. As always that howa seems to never let me down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Here is the 9.3x62 and the 275 (7X57) last is the multiple groups with 6.5 CM. I cut them out so I didnt have to take a bunch of pics to upload lol.
Edit: looks like my stupid phone is turning pics sideways again [emoji849]
9aba95080a713b55db3f933f323af964.jpg
d56f8c15844c29ad065a0ca0edfefc18.jpg
62d493b3b6aa6d418bc4e470564c2824.jpg

Nice work. Looks like you have them dialed in.

JD338

wisconsinteacher":1ss18yr5 said:
That Howa looks great. I have been thinking about a barreled action for a long time.
Thanks! That's the route I took. I found the 26" heavy barrel action on sale at brownells. I believe after the ffl transfer at a local gun shop and taxes was around $475 or so. Put it in the adjustable comb bell and carlson stock, and bedded it myself. Then I fitted the ptg bottom metal myself for AI style magazines. Which was pretty simple. I ended up saving some money by doing the work myself just took a little while lol.

Good shooting all around.

Man with that 9.3 you'd be ready for just about anything big and/or bad and wooly. That's some darn nice shooting out of a big gun that I'm sure hits back pretty hard.

ShadeTree":2x3gbxtz said:
Good shooting all around.

Man with that 9.3 you'd be ready for just about anything big and/or bad and wooly. That's some darn nice shooting out of a big gun that I'm sure hits back pretty hard.
Thanks that sauer is fairly light, but not to bad with the 250's. Now my other 9.3x62 with 286 grains smacks me around pretty good lol. I honestly think its cause that sauer has a well designed stock. The hogue on my other 9.3 not so much lol

Got to the range myself today.
Shot the Sako 9.3x62 with the Nosler 250gr AB ammunition. Still bang on and nice to shoot! 200 and 300 yards gongs no problem with the 1.5-6x42 Kahles. Ready for bear!

Finally got to shoot my Marlin 356 Win today. Mounted a Swarovski Z3 3-9x36 on it in Leupold low QR rings. Using the Winchester 200gr Power Point ammunition, my first group at 100 yards was just under two inches. First shot I pulled a tad right as just learning the trigger, which must be around 7-8 lbs of pull! No creep and broke clean though. A little work and she'll be doing just fine. Second and third shot were side by side and almost touching. Looks promising. Next three shots rang the gongs at 200 consecutively, on the progressively smaller gongs. It's loaded for bear too!

Your load of 62gr of Re-15 looks like a winner!
Will have to try that one myself. I know my 416 Taylor likes it with the 350gr TSX.
And some nice groups with the 6.5! Definitely builds confidence!
Never really heard any bad reports about a Howa's accuracy.

Blkram":2z6m1zsy said:
Got to the range myself today.
Shot the Sako 9.3x62 with the Nosler 250gr AB ammunition. Still bang on and nice to shoot! 200 and 300 yards gongs no problem with the 1.5-6x42 Kahles. Ready for bear!

Finally got to shoot my Marlin 356 Win today. Mounted a Swarovski Z3 3-9x36 on it in Leupold low QR rings. Using the Winchester 200gr Power Point ammunition, my first group at 100 yards was just under two inches. First shot I pulled a tad right as just learning the trigger, which must be around 7-8 lbs of pull! No creep and broke clean though. A little work and she'll be doing just fine. Second and third shot were side by side and almost touching. Looks promising. Next three shots rang the gongs at 200 consecutively, on the progressively smaller gongs. It's loaded for bear too!

Your load of 62gr of Re-15 looks like a winner!
Will have to try that one myself. I know my 416 Taylor likes it with the 350gr TSX.
And some nice groups with the 6.5! Definitely builds confidence!
Never really heard any bad reports about a Howa's accuracy.
Thanks! I have take my 9.3 out to 300 yards with the factory norma 230 gr ecostrike with great results. Have not tried the 250's that far yet. While I do love my howa 6.5 CM, over the last two years the 9.3 has become my favorite round to reload. It's just a great cartridge that's stood the test of time. I bet that sako is a fine rifle also!
Great you mention the 416 taylor also, I was really debating on that. I'm prolly going to order the winchester model 70 safari tomorrow, in 416 rem mag. I have no use for one in Mississippi, but I've always been intrigued with africa and dangerous game cartridges. I really wanted the cz550 in 416 rigby for pure nostalgia, but I'm concerned one day brass will dry up for it. And even reloading it is considerably more expensive than the taylor or rem mag it seems. I'm gonna sleep on it tonight, either one is a big price for these times of economic uncertainty.

Back