First BT

SakoSteve270wsm

Handloader
Apr 17, 2007
Have been hunting with BT's for years and have shot a lot of game with them,and they have always exited.Recovered my first one from this years buck antelope.The buck was quartering toward me at 260 lasered yards when the 100gr BT from my 25-06 entered the left chest.It smashed a rib and destroyed the top of the heart.Then went on to break one of the last ribs on the right side and stop just under the skin.

It retained 63.8 grains :wink:

P1000137.jpg

The "cut" on the front lead had bone stuck in it but fell out after I removed the bullet.

P1000141.jpg

P1000140.jpg

P1000132.jpg

Congratulations on a very nice Antelope. The .257 100 gr BT gave you perfect performance.

JD338

very nice. I had thought that BTs broke up more than that. 63% retention is about what I see with ABs. I rarely have one exit from my 257... Load travels about 3400 fps, and the bullet usually destroys a lot of lung tissue. But, this year is the year of the AB for me.
Hardpan

Picture perfect performance. Congratulations on a good looking buck.

Congrats... that's a good looking goat.

Can't think of a better bullet for pronghorn than a 100 NBT. Saw another buck get pummeled by a 100 NBT out of the .257 Roy just about 2 hours ago... he went down hard.

I really can love a bullet that loses 30-40% of its mass... I prefer an exit to aid in tracking... but I can't think of an animal I've shot with a 100 NBT that hasn't dropped in its trax... so I guess that eliminates the "tracking" issue.

SakoSteve270wsm

What is your MV with the 100 gr BT?

JD338

Congrats.

Tell this to the non-believers :lol:

Congratulations on a great looking pronghorn.

Nosler, once again, gets kudos for building a mighty fine hunting bullet.

Guy

Back