First Bull

OldMan

Handloader
Dec 24, 2008
th_Dakota_bull.jpg

This is my granddaughters first bull, shot the first day of season with a 300 WSM and 130 gr TTSX.

Congratulations to her on her first bull elk :) Obviously the 130 gr TTSX did the job well.

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her first bull elk.
She did a great job!

JD338

Your granddaughter did very well, indeed. Congratulations to her. The 130 g TTSX seems to have worked quite well for her.

Congratulation to your granddaughter on a fine Bull.
300 WSM has done another fine job.

Blessings,
Dan

That's just great! Congratulations to her.

I can't tell from the photo - how big is the bull?

Guy

Great work! That is one heck of a fist bull. What unit were you in?

I took a buddy and his gal friend out and we got her first bull yesterday as well.

Her bull was a 5 point (sorry about the small picture). Her dad has a Tikka Lite that is just the right weight for a youngster, but it kicked too much with the standard 180 grain BT or AB so he loaded the 130's. She shot the bull at 250 plus yards off of shooting sticks, first shot ever at an animal and it dropped like a rock!

I will try to post the picture again, I don't know why it turned out so small!
Dakota_bull.jpg

Wow, great picture and AWESOME bull! Huge congrats goes out to her and her pop's. Great shooting and way to set her up for success! Way to Go!

OldMan,

Thanks for reposting a larger picture.
That is an excellent bull. Your grand daughter did an excellent job.
Congratulations to her, as well as Dad and Grand Dad.
Way to go team. :grin:

JD338

It is great to see a young lady following the sport of hunting. Congratulations to dad and grandad for getting her involved. It is a fine first game animal. I know a lot of people who have hunted for years who would be delighted to tag such an elk.

Back