First visit to Palmetto state armory

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
I’m in SC visiting my son and wanted to go pick up some bulk plinking ammo.

As I pull up the the Summerville PSA, cops have the backside of the building blocked off and police everywhere, as I drive around it, add a barricade of fire trucks and patrol cars, all flashers going establishing a perimeter around the whole parking lot in front of the substantially large store.. so looped around the other way.. an Army recruiter has come outside to see what is going on.. ask him.. doesn’t know, highly unusual. Park and call the other PSA 20 miles away.. they don’t know what’s going on here… so decide it’s not going to resolve soon so head to the store in a Charleston.

The store was a bit overwhelming.. really nice merchandise. Didn’t expect to find premium fishing gear… I do like my trips to Canada for world class pike and walleye, so I’m padding my way through the saltwater gear that could draw a big northern…for sure saltwater gear is HD. Wander over to duck hunting stuff … keep moving.. don’t need to be addicted to ducks too!

Finally near the plinking ammo and I guy working there picks up I’m out of my element… adhd in a firearm super store… is unnerving… so he saved me. Talked about my home defense project I didn’t start. Suppressed 300 black out with a 8-10” barrel.. then had him show me a 6.5PRC..
Savage has upped their game since the last one I bought…was thinking Bergara B14 HmR in 7mm PRC.
Picked up 600 rounds of 5.56 for 300, with a 25% off rebate.. a bit under 40 cents a round.. should be fun plinking

So as I’m at the check out, I ask the Third PSA employee what the commotion at Summerville was…

A Trump visit to PSA. They were releasing a Trump Glock. Laser etched… I think a model 17… the guy in line behind me was also at Summerville.

SC is easy to like…PSA is easy to like as well.

Happy it was blocked off for a state visit vs something bad.

Was thinking of Scottie and he helped me pick out my first AR.

I’m in SC visiting my son and wanted to go pick up some bulk plinking ammo.

As I pull up the the Summerville PSA, cops have the backside of the building blocked off and police everywhere, as I drive around it, add a barricade of fire trucks and patrol cars, all flashers going establishing a perimeter around the whole parking lot in front of the substantially large store.. so looped around the other way.. an Army recruiter has come outside to see what is going on.. ask him.. doesn’t know, highly unusual. Park and call the other PSA 20 miles away.. they don’t know what’s going on here… so decide it’s not going to resolve soon so head to the store in a Charleston.

The store was a bit overwhelming.. really nice merchandise. Didn’t expect to find premium fishing gear… I do like my trips to Canada for world class pike and walleye, so I’m padding my way through the saltwater gear that could draw a big northern…for sure saltwater gear is HD. Wander over to duck hunting stuff … keep moving.. don’t need to be addicted to ducks too!

Finally near the plinking ammo and I guy working there picks up I’m out of my element… adhd in a firearm super store… is unnerving… so he saved me. Talked about my home defense project I didn’t start. Suppressed 300 black out with a 8-10” barrel.. then had him show me a 6.5PRC..
Savage has upped their game since the last one I bought…was thinking Bergara B14 HmR in 7mm PRC.
Picked up 600 rounds of 5.56 for 300, with a 25% off rebate.. a bit under 40 cents a round.. should be fun plinking

So as I’m at the check out, I ask the Third PSA employee what the commotion at Summerville was…

A Trump visit to PSA. They were releasing a Trump Glock. Laser etched… I think a model 17… the guy in line behind me was also at Summerville.

SC is easy to like…PSA is easy to like as well.

Happy it was blocked off for a state visit vs something bad.

Was thinking of Scottie and he helped me pick out my first AR.
Might've been the day Trump supposedly visited?

JD338
Thank you for posting. I was a bit early. Closer to 10:30am.

Would have been fun to be there.

Back