For the Ackley Improved guys who......

I looked into that when I got my 35/AI and almost got one but the fire forming loads shot so good I couldn't see missing out on the trigger time and fun. If I was doing a couple of hundred or so I would have got one.

That looks like money well spent.
Even cheap 30+ caliber bullets run 30-40 cents each.. I’d want at least 400 cases for anything I load...

I don’t have an AI yet, but could well imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered a 22-250 AI from X-Caliber during their 25% off sale this morning. I don't think I'll be building it until my current 22-250 barrel finally catches the dragon, so it will give me time to add everything I will need. Thanks for the heads up.

SHM

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just ordered a 22-250 AI from X-Caliber during their 25% off sale this morning. I don't think I'll be building it until my current 22-250 barrel finally catches the dragon, so it will give me time to add everything I will need. Thanks for the heads up.

They make good barrels. I think you’ll like it.
I picked one in that cartridge up about a year ago

Dwh7271":1dt7enlx said:
They make good barrels. I think you’ll like it.
I picked one in that cartridge up about a year ago

I went with a 3 groove 8 twist. I have almost 1k through my current 12 twist so I should be able to rebarrel next summer. Did you use a gauge or a crush fit on a fired case?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It pays off for barrel burners

FOTIS":239wiwls said:
It pays off for barrel burners
Yep , I fire form 20 pieces use 10 for load development and the other 10 for hunting. As I need more for load development I just use the hunting brass and fire form new hunting brass. That way I have good brass for hunting and you really have to work hard at destroying your load work brass unless you really over load it and blow primer pockets.

Back