Fox with .243

madmanx

Beginner
Apr 18, 2006
Below is picture of a Fox taken with a old Steyer .243,i had been out stalking early morning when the fox decided to show itself in the middle of a Field,it went straight down at 140 yards with 100 grain bullet.
P1010008.jpg

Nice job. You know what they say

"It takes a "FOX" to get a fox!" :wink:

Looks like you are able to do quite a bit of hunting over there. I guess I never thought that hunting was much of an option in your country. Glad I stand corrected.

Long

We have 6 species of deer,foxes,Hares(Jack Rabbits) ,rabbits and a small amount of wild boar to Hunt.Some hunting i pay for, other i have landowners permisssion to shoot what i want which costs me a bottle of scotch at christmas.Most landowners are glad of me taking vermin off the land.I pay for shooting in Scotland for Deer which costa me £400 p a($680) but i can take what i shoot.

My guess would be Roe deer.
Nice rifle in that picture btw. 100 gr looks like it penciled right through that fox! That's what happened to a coyote I shot with a 100 psp. He still went down like getting hit by a truck. I'm thinking a Partition would have done much more damage.

Back