Frustrated with US commercial brass!

desertcj

Handloader
Sep 27, 2010
Just got done prepping and priming some Winchester 7mm-08 brass. At this point, I'm having a hard time justifying NOT spending an extra $20- $30 for 100 Lapua cases! Cases needed trimming/ uniforming, flash hole deburing, the necks could stand to be turned (.002 deviation) and the primer pockets are too shallow as well!

I know Nosler brass is obviously popular here and I'm sure it's good. I'm pretty much done with Rem/Win/Fed cases however...

Try star line I've been reloading for 15 winters now I have not any problems to mention.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

I bought 2 bags of Winchester 308 brass this last year, and it was somewhat poor. The good news on my last bag, they put 52 pieces in there. So I could discard a couple that were really bad. They used to be at least decent.

I'm using Nosler brass for my 280ack and 300 winnie. They are good quality.

I decided to skip the initial steps and buy the 7mm08 120 grain NBT ammo on sale at SPS for $20/box. Figured that after shooting it, I'd have nice fireformed brass to start reloading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because the brass has been preloaded in factory ammo, what is to keep the brass from having the same issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alderman":15w8p6da said:
Just because the brass has been preloaded in factory ammo, what is to keep the brass from having the same issues?

Assuming that it's Nosler ammo then it would be in Nosler brass, not Win. Nosler brass has a pretty good track record.

Charlie-NY":39v1fz5m said:
Alderman":39v1fz5m said:

Assuming that it's Nosler ammo then it would be in Nosler brass, not Win. Nosler brass has a pretty good track record.

DON'T BET ON IT! I beg to differ! Read post on keep check on Nosler brass!

Back