Garmin Xero - Discounts?

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
Shopping for a new chrono.
The Garmin seems to be king of the hill at our range. The Labradar guys have trouble on the 600, but Garmin guys are getting it done. I’ve been on magneto speed for a number of years, but it went offline and o
Won’t come Back to ready. So probably time to get the Garmin or Labradar. I’m generally shooting 300 or less, but would like to spend time on the 600. So I have a bias to the Garmin, but choke a bit on paying list price…

Anyone know of a reliable retailer that will discount it?

Ofcourse it’s holding up some load development I’d like to do…

Thanks, Mark

Amazon price changes daily , this morning its at $586.23 with Prime. I’m not sure if other retailer discount the Garmin.

That’s a darn good deal.

I had the same thought too. I noticed this year a lot of items didn’t discount more than a normal sale price.
I’m a bicyclist too, have the gamin computer, and haven’t broke down and paid $200 for the garmin tail light.. has radar and AI, without turning around, just glancing at the computer, you can see if it’s a bike or car behind you and what the range is… really cool tech… that said.. I’ve had enough friends hit by cars/trucks that I mostly stick to trails and roads with wide shoulders.. fortunately in Midland Mi area, we can ride about 40 miles on a paved trail with only cross streets to watch… mostly farm roads..

Thanks Gerry!

I think Garmin uses MAP pricing so you will be hard pressed to find much of a discount.
Having said that, my buddy bought his from Sportsman's Guide. With his coupons and discounts he saved $100.00 plus free shipping.

JD338
I think your right Jim!

Price is the same where I see it listed. Looking for free shipping or points deals are most likely where you will be able to save money. I was able to save little bit when I bought mine. Some is better than none, I guess. Dan.

I will be getting rid of the Labradar and going to the Xero, just not in a rush.

Waiting for the right deal to come along, missed the $500 Botach deal in July, saw it too late.

I will be getting rid of the Labradar and going to the Xero, just not in a rush.

Waiting for the right deal to come along, missed the $500 Botach deal in July, saw it too late.
Unfortunately, the resale value for a LabRadar has dropped like a rock. Guys are having a hard time selling their units, with all the accessories, for f25% of what they paid for them. I was in that boat too.

I have an Oehler 35P which "was" the chronograph that all others were compared to. I tested the waters to see if it was sellable. Even though it is in like new condition, there really isn't any interest in them anymore. I brought the unit to our club and left it there for anyone to use who might be interested.

The LabRadar units still work as good as ever, but the newest technology chronographs sure make the older units hard to sell.

I have the ballistic FX pro and works great. That said If I knew the Garmin was coming out I would have waited a couple of months.

Back