GB300wm can shoot a 257Wby

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
I took pictures of Jerry's work with a 257wby using 110 Accubonds, 100gr TSX's and 100gr GS's, look at these consistent groups and these are only load development, nothing has been final settle on.

IMG_7902.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7900.jpg

IMG_7899.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7895.jpg

IMG_7894.jpg

Nice groups for sure. The hard part will be picking the bullet. :lol:
I think I would go with the 110 gr AB.:grin:

JD338

bullet,

Thanks for posting your results ! I just picked up a .257 on the Remington action. This is my first Weatherby cartridge and been looking for load info.... looks like I had better go pick up some 7828

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Remmy SPS-SS .257. These posts are not helping my self control!

How do you guys feel about shooting an eating-size elk (spike/cow) with the 110 AB?

BK":3ow297q1 said:
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Remmy SPS-SS .257. These posts are not helping my self control!

How do you guys feel about shooting an eating-size elk (spike/cow) with the 110 AB?

Go for it!

Thanks guys. Bullet and myself are really having a great time. Thanks also for the compliments. The nosler accubonds are shooters for sure, however, I have killed two deer with them and the rapid expansion and incomplete penetration on close shots scared me into shooting another bullet. I think that the 257 weatherby places to much stress on this bullet design and failure is eminent. I'm shooting gs customs with dramatic results so far. That's why we need a e-tip in 25 caliber. Go for the 257 and you will love it.It will slam an elk with the right bullet. I'm just not sure of the AccuBond for this task. It's a really amazing cartridge that has withstood the test of time and you will surely see why.

GB300wm":1dwo2avm said:
Thanks guys. Bullet and myself are really having a great time. Thanks also for the compliments. The nosler accubonds are shooters for sure, however, I have killed two deer with them and the rapid expansion and incomplete penetration on close shots scared me into shooting another bullet. I think that the 257 weatherby places to much stress on this bullet design and failure is eminent. I'm shooting gs customs with dramatic results so far. That's why we need a e-tip in 25 caliber. Go for the 257 and you will love it.It will slam an elk with the right bullet. I'm just not sure of the AccuBond for this task. It's a really amazing cartridge that has withstood the test of time and you will surely see why.

+1 on what GB300wm has said. I used a 110 AccuBond in my 257Wby Synthetic on a 221 pound hog at 110yds (my 257Wby was still moving over 3437fps the muzzle velocity of most 25-06's) and did not get deep penetration and it was a mess to clean. I knew then that it would not take the velocities of a close shot and certainly on big game like elk, moose, or black bear with certainty. Will it kill them, yes most of the time but I would have to agree that a 100gr E-Tip by Nosler is needed sooner than later.

Back