Getting Ready !

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
I drew a late muzzleloader either sex whitetail tag here in Idaho. It cost me a non res fee to get a 2nd tag so I can still hunt whitetail with rifle with my family and friends, but oh well. If we get a dump of snow by early Dec this has a very high probability to shoot a 140" + buck. We've seen very big bucks down in the "canyon" when we have a lot of snow and are filling our doe tags with muzzleloader.
I bought a Traditions Vortek NW Special last year and have been very pleased with it. My hunting buddy liked it so much he sold his TC in-line to another buddy and just bought one today from Bi-Mart. These are also our back up plan if we don't shoot any elk with bows this month. Back after them in Dec with muzzleloader.

My wife also drew a late rifle cow tag in the same unit / same time. Her elk comes first and then I can hunt my tags.

I'm really looking forward to that late buck hunt if we get a pile of snow!!

Congratulations! That sounds like a great hunt. We're pulling for you, wishing you every success.

Congratulations on your tags. Good luck this season.

JD338

Good luck! sounds like you'll have a great time! I've got too switch out barrels on my Pro-Hunter in the next couple weeks and check the scope on the scope on my Muzzleloader barrel.

Back