Giraud annealing

257 Ackley

Handloader
Nov 25, 2008
Here are a couple quick videos of the Giraud annealer doing some 6.5X284 brass for USMC89. Jeff sent me 4-500 cases to anneal. There was some setup time to adjust the anneller to fit his cases, since I had been doing 6.5X47 cases prior to this.

This works well and allows you to work on other reloading items instead of constantly feeding a disk/plate type of annealer more cases.

Click on the pictures and they will direct you to the video.

Very nice Joel. That looks like it is going to save you a ton of time once the matches start. Very nice piece of gear. How do you like it? Pro's/Con's to it?

Does it actually rotate the case as the floorplate moves under it Joel? It looks like it, but it is a little tough to see in the video.

Holy smoke that thing is really cool. It looks like the bar as it pulls back rotates the case.

Corey

The case is rotated as the plate slides below the case. I have set ups for three different sizes of cases, 223, 308/06, and the magnum size. Really works well and is a lot faster than manually annealing.Rick.

SJB358":2ldkrw0l said:
How do you like it? Pro's/Con's to it?

Does it actually rotate the case as the floorplate moves under it Joel?

Yes, with the floorplate at the angle it is, the case stays in one spot and rotates. I'm not sure it is any faster than doing by hand with a torch and drill, but it is really consistant. There is a lot of room to adjust the equipment to handle different lengths of cases within a bolt face group. As Rick stated, there are three different "donut" sizes for different diameters of cases and there is spacers behind the donuts that you don't see in the videos.These help make sure the case drops to the plate properly for annealing. With the price of good brass, one of these pays for itself pretty quick.

257 Ackley":2pkdsa6j said:
SJB358":2pkdsa6j said:
How do you like it? Pro's/Con's to it?

Does it actually rotate the case as the floorplate moves under it Joel?

Yes, with the floorplate at the angle it is, the case stays in one spot and rotates. I'm not sure it is any faster than doing by hand with a torch and drill, but it is really consistant. There is a lot of room to adjust the equipment to handle different lengths of cases within a bolt face group. As Rick stated, there are three different "donut" sizes for different diameters of cases and there is spacers behind the donuts that you don't see in the videos.These help make sure the case drops to the plate properly for annealing. With the price of good brass, one of these pays for itself pretty quick.

It is nice that it is a fire and forget piece of equipment.. It'll be one of another long list of pieces of gear that'll crowd up my reloading space in the future.....

Ordering one this week, i know lots of guys that will want this done. Thanks for posting and also offering to do that for me joel. I guess you can stay at the house again when you come out to shoot prairie dogs :lol:

usmc 89":329yapxg said:
Ordering one this week, i know lots of guys that will want this done. Thanks for posting and also offering to do that for me joel. I guess you can stay at the house again when you come out to shoot prairie dogs :lol:

Any time buddy....should get them in the mail back to you this week. I like the way they turned out. Make sure to order the magnum donut when you place your order. You might as well get all three sizes and be done with it.

They also make one for the rigby size cases? Can that machine do the 338 lapua also?

Back