Got me some 348 bullets.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Spied these on the shelf at a shop a little over a month ago. I'm not the type of guy to clean a shelf bare on one go just because I can. I'll give somebody else a chance, but not too long. Ha.

I bought 1 box, went back about 3 weeks later and bought another, Bought another 2 weeks ago, then was in the area yesterday so stopped and bought the last box.

At $48.95 they are $10 or $11 more than what I could've bought them for off of Midway when Hornady still made them. They are the last cheap bullet I'm aware of for the 348. Everything else is Barnes, Swift A- Frames, etc. Good bullets, but expensive.

So now I got these and 37 left in an older box of the same bullets. Pretty happy with that amount. Should do me for quite a long time in the old M71. (y)

Spied these on the shelf at a shop a little over a month ago. I'm not the type of guy to clean a shelf bare on one go just because I can. I'll give somebody else a chance, but not too long. Ha.

I bought 1 box, went back about 3 weeks later and bought another, Bought another 2 weeks ago, then was in the area yesterday so stopped and bought the last box.

At $48.95 they are $10 or $11 more than what I could've bought them for off of Midway when Hornady still made them. They are the last cheap bullet I'm aware of for the 348. Everything else is Barnes, Swift A- Frames, etc. Good bullets, but expensive.

So now I got these and 37 left in an older box of the same bullets. Pretty happy with that amount. Should do me for quite a long time in the old M71. (y)

Good move, and quite considerate on your part. You're in a good place with that supply.

Last edited:
Find you some Reloader 19 and I will send you my load data for the 200gr FN Hornady excellet bullet, I prefer the Barnes 250gr FN original for bear and moose with RL 19 also. I have a bought 40 years experience reloading the Win 71.

Last edited:
Great snag! I don't own a .348 but have loaded it for another for years. It is his bullet of choice. Hope to have a model 71 in the future but they are not easy to find. I don't trust these online auction houses when buying a firearm. Firearms are something I want to touch, feel, and look at closely before I buy.

Find you some Reloader 19 and I will send you my load data for the 200gr FN Hornady excellet bullet, I prefer the Barnes 250gr FN original for bear and moose with RL 19 also.
In a different time I might very well take your advice and try it. However there's only 1 shop I know of that has RL19 and it's in a 8 lb jug. I have a good load with Varget with these bullets and also a load with IMR 4350 that runs about the same speed and shoots very similar group sizes, but uses 7 grains more powder.

Great snag! I don't own a .348 but have loaded it for another for years. It is his bullet of choice. Hope to have a model 71 in the future but they are not easy to find. I don't trust these online auction houses when buying a firearm. Firearms are something I want to touch, feel, and look at closely before I buy.
Thanks, get em while you can on a good bullet that they don't make anymore. About a week later I got another 6 boxes from a shop in WV that Dan the WV hillbilly on here picked up for me. Ha. And his were cheap! $34 a box if I remember correctly. 10 boxes in this cartridge should last me my lifetime easy.

Thanks, get em while you can on a good bullet that they don't make anymore. About a week later I got another 6 boxes from a shop in WV that Dan the WV hillbilly on here picked up for me. Ha. And his were cheap! $34 a box if I remember correctly. 10 boxes in this cartridge should last me my lifetime easy.

Geeze, and I thought Dan and I were friends..

Guess he is getting me back for trading into a Remington.... :D

Ha! I got him back. Sent him 3 boxes of .358 Sierra 225 GK that a local shop had here cheap at todays prices. They had 5 boxes but when I went to get them for him there were 3 left.

Hey, Scotty, we are still friends. I didn't know you were a 348 guy. That same shop has some Barnes if you want me to check for you. As for the Remington, I gave it a good home. It was feeling neglected, LOL, Dan.

Hey, Scotty, we are still friends. I didn't know you were a 348 guy. That same shop has some Barnes if you want me to check for you. As for the Remington, I gave it a good home. It was feeling neglected, LOL, Dan.

Don't let him off the hook too easy Dan. He stuck you with a Remington and took your Ruger for crying out loud. He should send you 2 boxes of bullets every Christmas just to help keep peace between your 2 neighboring states. :unsure: 😀

Don't let him off the hook too easy Dan. He stuck you with a Remington and took your Ruger for crying out loud. He should send you 2 boxes of bullets every Christmas just to help keep peace between your 2 neighboring states. :unsure: 😀
I did get an extra stock that I put to good use on another Remington 270. So, we're good. Dan.

Back