Great range time

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
2nd time out at the range with the 6.5 x 284, did some final adjustments to powder weight and seat depth, in my last test there was a flat spot from 52.1 to 52.4 grains of H4831SC / 143 ELD-X. Tested in .1 grain increments from 52.2 to 52.4 and settled on 52.3 grains and .010" deeper seat depth. It looks ready to hunt ,,,,2910 fps. Drove home all smiles.
thumbnail (4).jpg

Tomorrow is my 600 yard match, decided to bring the 6 BR for a bore cleaning, cleaned out with some Bore Tech and fired 4 rounds to settle the barrel, usual one hole group @100. When I stroll in at the match, those guys will do another face palm because they got an ass whooping at the last match. :ROFLMAO:

tomorrow

2nd time out at the range with the 6.5 x 284, did some final adjustments to powder weight and seat depth, in my last test there was a flat spot from 52.1 to 52.4 grains of H4831SC / 143 ELD-X. Tested in .1 grain increments from 52.2 to 52.4 and settled on 52.3 grains and .010" deeper seat depth. It looks ready to hunt ,,,,2910 fps. Drove home all smiles.
View attachment 20857

Tomorrow is my 600 yard match, decided to bring the 6 BR for a bore cleaning, cleaned out with some Bore Tech and fired 4 rounds to settle the barrel, usual one hole group @100. When I stroll in at the match, those guys will do another face palm because they got an ass whooping at the last match. :ROFLMAO:

tomorrow
That's looking pretty good!

Isn't every range day a good rang day! A job well done!

As far as the 6br goes is it any better or worse than 6dash or 6norma? Also, do you have any comparison to 6arc with any other short 6?

Isn't every range day a good rang day! A job well done!

As far as the 6br goes is it any better or worse than 6dash or 6norma? Also, do you have any comparison to 6arc with any other short 6?
No I never tried the Dasher or the wildcat versions of the 6 BR, I do hear good things about them. It's faster than the BR and flat shooters. They do wear out barrels faster than the standard BR. I just like the BR, no need for prep work on fireforming to the wildcat chamberings. The way my BR shoots, I would just call my gunsmith to get the exact M40 Bartlein 1:8 twist barrel and redo it all over again once the barrel is shot out. It's hard to change to a different cartridge.
My buddy has his 6 GT built for him, and his GT is quite faster than my BR, but to his surprise he gets beaten each time we have fun shooting 700 - 800 yard steel at my place. He has been having a few issues with hard bolt lift and not being so consistent from shot to shot. It could be just his load development not being top notch. I may need to help him out soon by going to his place which is an hour from here and check his dies, headspace, etc and do the development my way and see if it works better. Work and the heat is always hampering the time to have some fun.

Back