Grizzly Bear is almost finished.

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
I'm pretty excited. My grizzly bear rug is almost finished!

I wrote up my story and sent it along with photographs to Western Hunter Magazine. I was hoping it might get published so I could share the fantastic adventure I had last fall up in Alaska, and as a way as silly as it sounds to honor the wonderful old grizzly bear I got. I found out a little while ago that they are going to run it in fact and my magazine JUST showed up in the mail today. August 25th was the first day of grizzly bear season where I was hunting. August 26th is the day I shot my bear. Just about one year to the day later and I get this in the mail. It made my day!

Yeah I started crying again............as I was reading the story. I was so blessed to be able to take this trip and to get such a fabulous old bear. I feel so fortunate to have been able to do this dream that I have had for years. I also got really sad again that I was not able to share this with my father as he passed away in 2012. I hope he got to see that I had a dream come true that he made me promise I would do. Either that or some more grit got in my eye again darn it.

Awesome can't wait to see how it turns out. Congratulations on getting your story published, I'll have to see if I can find a copy.

gerry":3a46z7pl said:
Awesome can't wait to see how it turns out. Congratulations on getting your story published, I'll have to see if I can find a copy.
Thanks Gerry. They shortened it a bit and polished a couple places but 99% is what I wrote. They did a nice job and they picked a few of the pictures that went well together.

Congratulations on the published account. Always feels good to share your adventure with a broader audience.

We should all hope to find moments in the field that generate such strong emotions. I look forward to reading your story again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. You will be proud to have the rug gracing your home. Congratulations, again, on a fine trophy and memories of a great hunt.

OUTSTANDING!

I am so glad you went on that hunt. Would have been a hoot to have hunted our grizzlies together.

Guy

Guy Miner":3knbv8nr said:
OUTSTANDING!

I am so glad you went on that hunt. Would have been a hoot to have hunted our grizzlies together.

Guy
You are correct guy! It's more fun to share it with a friend or relative.

Ovis Outfitters - Emily & Matt Thoft

Lots of good outfitters out there. I can speak for these folks though.........fantastic!

Very nice! Looks good and I bet you can't walk by it without re- living the experience. Super cool.

ShadeTree":36yc9obo said:
Very nice! Looks good and I bet you can't walk by it without re- living the experience. Super cool.
YOU are correct. The whole thing was incredible on that journey. Loved every second of it.

Back