Guy Miner... I'm callin' you out!

It's a push-feed with a CM action and a fairly heavy stainless barrel. In between a 'true' varmint contour and a sporter, but closer to the varmint tube. I seem to recall it had a laminate stock that was a little 'clubbier' than a sporter, but doesn't have the huge beavertail that the Remington/Ruger varmint stocks have. But keep in mind I only had it in my hands for a couple of minutes before doing a quick-draw on my wallet and putting a deposit on it. And I'm now 1000 miles away from it. :(

That's a pretty good description of the Winchester Coyote.

The barrel is between a magnum/sporter contour and a true varmint contour. The stock is a little heavier and wider in the forearm.

8bfda6df.jpg

It's sort of a varmint rifle, chambered for big boy cartridges, much like Remington's Sendero.

That is a good looking rifle Guy. I have the same color stock on my 270WSM M70. Love it. Although, some checkering would make it easier to carry in inclement weather with gloves on. Scotty

I take it these aren't made anymore as I don't see them on the Winchester web site. Seems like the new one has a synthetic stock.

Should have taken a look at the Coyote Light but I sure do like the way my Stealth shoots, most accurate rifle I ever bought in stock form.

Nope, not being made anymore, but I'm sure you could do a 'foux' Coyote with a current Coyote Light and a new plywood stock.

Those Coyotes are good lookin' rifles. Almost made a 25WSSM follow me home.... :grin: Lucky for me common sense and a cheap 25-06 solved the problem. Sharp rifle. CL

Naw, Put a used $350 Browning A-bolt medalion on lay away but couldnt make the payments so I lost it and my down payment. :oops: I should have known better. There were bigger priorities at the time and my paycheck wasnt enough. Currently have my eye on a $160 Rem 572 field master and a $250 Savage Long action 22-250 with rings. Different issues, same problem. Good thing I can live w/o them. CL

I am sure you will find the right rifle when the time comes. It is worth saving your duckets for just the right rifle. it makes it much more worth it. Scotty

cloverleaf":1mdss742 said:
Naw, Put a used $350 Browning A-bolt medalion on lay away but couldnt make the payments so I lost it and my down payment. :oops: I should have known better. There were bigger priorities at the time and my paycheck wasnt enough. Currently have my eye on a $160 Rem 572 field master and a $250 Savage Long action 22-250 with rings. Different issues, same problem. Good thing I can live w/o them. CL

Man, I love my 572. I don't use it as much as I like, but it's far and away my most prized rimfire (that I have bought anyway, I guess my Nylon 66 has more sentimental value, being a gun my grandfather bought). It does have the distinction of being the only gun I have that has eaten a scope... I guess the 'Amish Machine Gun' action puts a bit of strain in a different direction than what the Weaver 4x was designed for.

I had a 572. It shot better than it should have shot. However, I traded it for a T-Bolt. I wanted a rimfire with a magazine so I could quickly get on grouse when travelling to the hunting areas. The 572 had taken its share of grouse, but It did take me time to fumble for a cartridge, load and get on target. It was a delightful rifle, however.

Once you go 270WSM, you will find you don't need most of your other rifles! Well, except for a good 35 Whelen! Scotty

I don't know, guys, the .270 Wizzum has never really tripped my trigger. When (note: not if) I do pick one up, I'm pretty sure it will be something pretty light. Maybe a Montana, maybe a 700, possibly (actually, probably) a FWT. Hard to tell from that ad, but that looks like another Coyote. The only other Coyotes that interest me are a .22-250, a .243, or a .300 like Guy's.

Actually, a .270 WSM in an Extreme Weather M70 might not be bad.

You people are awful. I started poking around their inventory of used guns, and stumbled on a 700 Classic in .350 Remington Magnum, and an original Mountain Rifle in .280. I really can't buy another rifle right now! Arrgh!

I'd like to see one of the Coyote Lights. No one around here stocks Winchester rifles saying they're too expensive and don't sell. I might have considered the light had I known the stock was by B&C. All I could think of was some cheap tupperware like the Remington SPS.

I wish I could just by the barreled action for one of the Coyote Light... that B&C stock looks as if it fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! It'd look really good in a McMillan A3 stock.

Back