Guy Miner... I'm callin' you out!

DrMike":3pqs3fpd said:
too expensive and don't sell.

:?: :?: :?:

The only Winchesters that won't sell are those that no one is able to handle!

Whoa, easy Doc! He's not making personal attacks on you! jk

BK":1lgqi5ot said:
I don't know, guys, the .270 Wizzum has never really tripped my trigger. When (note: not if) I do pick one up, I'm pretty sure it will be something pretty light. Maybe a Montana, maybe a 700, possibly (actually, probably) a FWT. Hard to tell from that ad, but that looks like another Coyote. The only other Coyotes that interest me are a .22-250, a .243, or a .300 like Guy's.

Actually, a .270 WSM in an Extreme Weather M70 might not be bad.

BK, once you start loading for the 270WSM, you will see what I mean. It BITES on the heals of a 270WBY so close, there isn't much difference. It loads really easy. I haven't found a bullet my 270WSM will shoot over an inch with. It is just an excellent cartridge. I know, others are the same, but man, it is a hammer and works well for so much.

I am with Mike, the only Winchesters people don't like are the ones they don't handle! Scotty

Despite what a glance in the gun safe might reveal, I don't really like the .277 bore. Applies to the original Winnie, the Wizzum, and the Weatherby.

I was the same way until I broke down and got the WSM! After that, I saw a little of the light. 150gr BT's and PT's really are pretty good hunting bullets and with the WSM you can push them pretty quick. Scotty

I think in a Wizzum, I might be shooting ABs rather than BTs if I were shooting at game. I would concur if only hunting paper or steel.

Don't get my wrong, I will have a .270 WSM, and maybe a Weatherby, too, just not huge fan of either.

I am with you BK. Your right about the lighter weight BT's, but since I am shooting 150gr BT's for my Eastern deer load, I can only hope they would work awesome. Plus, I am not over pushing them too much!

I think if you like any of the other WSM's the 270 will grow on you. It is a sleeper of a cartridge. Very fast and seems to be really easy to duplicate factory loads. Scotty

Probably. I have a stack of new stuff I need to work out, so maybe a .270 WSM will have to wait for a while.

Yeah, maybe.
.257 Weatherby
6.5 Creedmoor
.270x3
7-08
7WSMx2
.30-06
.358 Win

Four (at this point in time, I may get a few more delivered) McMillan stocks to fit
13 new scopes to mount
A reloading bench to finish

I do have 11 glorious days at home next month... well, three of 'em are going to be kokanee fishing (and odds are I will come home with at least one new gun from that trip!).

Man, you need a vacation buddy! All those rifles and no range time! It has to be wearing you down. Scotty

BK,

You've gone beyond RADD, entering into the Twilight Zone. Man, I thought POP had an addiction! Come on! Take some time off and shoot those rifles. Besides, I want to hear how that 6.5 Creedmoor shoots.

I hear you, Doc. The Creedmoor was a rifle that I actually sought out, not just something I just stumbled upon. I have a bunch of 120gr. A-Max factory loads, and I guess I need to try a few other bullets it her, too. Just need to mount up the new VX3 4.5-14x40 on her.

beretzs":aapiv7qw said:
Man, you need a vacation buddy! All those rifles and no range time! It has to be wearing you down. Scotty

You have no idea. I'm really becoming a cranky bear.

I don't know that the new Winchesters will or won't sell, but you can't buy them if none of the shops have them in stock. All my rifles are either Remington 700 or Winchester 70's, and I prefer the Winchester. Had I known the Light had a B&C stock I probably would have bought that.

Wonder why they quit making the Coyote? I think it's a work of art.

Back