Feb 9, 2007
IM000875.jpg

IM0008542.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

coyotetrapper,

Very nice, congratulations on your song dogs.
Great picture of the trapped coyote and sunset.
Thanks for sharing.

JD338

Thanks I hope you all enjoy, that sunset picture only lasted like that for 15 mins outside of that it wouldn't have looked like it did!

Coyotes are what keeps me going! They are a challange at times can make a guy look bad and I always learn something from them. The purest survivor in my book!

Nice pic's coyotetrapper!!! How do you get all the pics to post in your thread? I followed the directions but cannot get it to work.When i click on the button i do not get a box next to it to paste my web adress into.
Wher were those yotes taken at?What caliber?

awesome pictures, that one with 6 in it looks like you got some mange problems, one really looks bad. good shooting

German shorthair what service are you using to upload pics? I use photobucket and then just copy and paste the IMG after the photo's are uploaded they auto resize the pics for you pretty easy once you do it a time or two. So it will look like then the photo number and at the end [img] copy this thread and paste it into the box nothing else needed.

Most coyotes shot with .243 some with 22-250. Yes mange has been bad hear the last 4-6 years in some areas it runs as high as 60% it seems to be getting a little better some are just black scabs little fur!

Great Pics and some nice yotes. There are alot of them up north here to if you start to run out :grin: :grin: I drive 150 miles most days and see at least one a day, up to a half dozen on a good day. Happy hunting.

CC.

Pop my .243 is setup with a Bushnell elite 3200 Tatical scope 5-15 with turret knobs and mil dot, very versitle I can range and dial if I have the time with hung up coyotes or use the mil dot referance which is much quicker range and use mild dot hold over and windage. It has a harris bi pod and accu mono pod on the rear swivel giving you a 3 point stability for longer range shooting makes things real stable.

The 22-250 has a leupold VX 3 scope 2.5-10 and also has target turrets for dialing in, if I had to do it over I would have that bushnell elite on all 3 of my rifles, it too has a swivel Harris bi pod on it as well. Both are heavy barrel rems.

I've got a picture here of a yote I shot this morning, nothing to special about it. just a slightly underweight dog. Funny thing was, when I carried it to the yard this morning I found 2 porcupine quills sticking out of the top of it's nose about a 1/2" from the tip of his nose, maybe a 1/4" onto it's muzzle. I grabbed them and pulled them out quite easily, I assume this was because the barbs were working with me. Unfortunately, I pulled them before I realized what they were and took pictures. They just looked like little brown pine needles until I pulled them and seen the white shank.

He walked out onto a path between two fields where I was hunting. Head on shot @ 100yds. 120grn Sierra GameKing, BTHP, 3140 FPS from a 257 wby. entrance 3" up from bottom of chest dead center, exit 2" off center about 2" back from the end of the sternum. DRT, didn't kick. Pelt is mostly prime despite temps around 5C most days, -2 in mornings.

CC.

untitled.jpg
[/img]

Back