Homemade Targets

I like using cardboard with target stickers. This makes measuring group size with the app I use. Yesterday I was out trying my new pasture range I put together. I did use a paper target with the 308 Win. , I wish the paper didn’t tear out around the holes.
IMG_4055.jpegIMG_4046.jpeg

I like both of those. I tend to use whatever is around, though cardboard is likely the most common. For handgun, there are a few brands of paper plate which are a bit heavier and throw off a plug of fiber when hit.

Of course, there's always fruit, but that usually comes after the zero process. :)0

I spray super77 adhesive on cardboard with cheap tablecloth paper adhered to it. Then put 3/4 orange labels outlined with sharpie and 1" stencil.

I'm pretty particular about my targets, but I'm also cheap. Shows up really good at 200 yards.20230826_135102.jpg

I use paper targets that I print, and then staple them to cardboard for a backing.
When I get home, I mark the date, rifle, load, velocity, etc, punch them with a 3-ring punch, and put them in a notebook. That makes it easy to follow load development when you pick it up 3 years later. 😁

Back