Hornady #11 pre-orders available

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
When I bought the Hornady reloading Manual app for version 10, they said when 11 comes out they’d automatically ship me one.

So one, anyone like me that bought the reloading app, if you bought the one that included #11 in hardcover, remember not to order one.

Number 2, Generally I’m a paper guy, but loving having the digital version of Hornady and Sierra. I did call Nosler and ask when they’d make it available digitally and the answer was the data is on line and they don’t plan to offer it in a digital app. Definitely their loss as both Sierra and Hornady have nice apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an email from Midsouthshooterssupply.com today with the same info about Pre Orders for the new Hornady Manual. The email said to expect shipping in June. The thing I like about Hornady is they actually include data for new powders that were released in between their last manual and the one that was just released. It seems a lot of manuals from companies just reprint all the data from a previous manual unless a given cartridge is new, hip, or extremely popular. A good example of this was the new Nosler 9 manual. Only 1 of the cartidges I load for actually had new powders added between vol 8 and vol 9.

Im curious to see if Barnes will eventually release a new manual or will it be included in future Sierra Manuals due to their acquisition of Barnes as a result of the dissolution of the Remington Bankruptcy. Prior to all the legal and financial issues surrounding Remington, Barnes had on their website that they were shooting and recording data for a new manual slated for release in 2020. I have reached out to Barnes on 2 separate occasions now and have yet to receive an answer regarding my questions about new data / manual. Im aware they have data on their website, but Im a manual kind of guy.

Back