Hornady 200 spire point/ 358 Win

rjm158

Handloader
Oct 15, 2009
After work yesterday, I made a quick run to the range to get some rifles ready for our early antlerless season this weekend.

My Browning BLR 358 Win put three Hornady 200 spire points in .61, two in virtually one hole. The load is 46 gr H322 in Lapua cases ignited by CCI 200 primers . The rifle is topped with a Redfield 2-7x scope.

Ron20231002_200417.jpg

After work yesterday, I made a quick run to the range to get some rifles ready for our early antlerless season this weekend.

My Browning BLR 358 Win put three Hornady 200 spire points in .61, two in virtually one hole. The load is 46 gr H322 in Lapua cases ignited by CCI 200 primers . The rifle is topped with a Redfield 2-7x scope.

RonView attachment 21114
That is a fantastic group! I have such a soft spot in my heart for 35 cals, and for levers, so seeing this just makes me smile. I think there is a cold front moving through Missouri for the weekend, so I think you'll see some activity. I tell you to aim small, miss small, but it looks like you've already got that part down pat. (y)

Outstanding. You are good to go.
Best of luck to you this season.

JD338

Nice group!
What velocity are getting out of your BLR with that load?
I really like my pre-81 BLR in 358 Win! Time to load up some more ammo for her...down to last 4 rounds of 220 gr Hot Cor's.

Thanks, guys.

Blkram, I haven't had the opportunity to chrono the load. It's out of the Hornady manual and, based on their info, plus variables (barrel length differences, etc), I'm guessing 2450ish.

Ron

You have a nice shooting rifle and the bullet is working great in it with that load.
Good luck this weekend.

Back