Hornady Reloading app

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
Interesting development.

Hornady is delivering reloading data via an app.

Whole manual $20 or cartridge by cartridge $0.99(wonder if they mean load vs cartridge? Would 30.06 be 99 cents for 110gn loads plus all those up to 220gn,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loaded the app.

It’s free to load.

For free you get their data on bullets
Here is a 308 sample. Nice

For the 99 cents you do get a cartridge worth of loads from version X of the current Hornady 10 manual.

Basically for 19.99 you get the whole manual.

For 19.99 a year, you get annual updates.

Overall, it seems better than paper.

I loaded the app.

It’s free to load.

For free you get their data on bullets
Here is a 308 sample. Nice

For the 99 cents you do get a cartridge worth of loads from version X of the current Hornady 10 manual.

Basically for 19.99 you get the whole manual.

For 19.99 a year, you get annual updates.

Overall, it seems better than paper.

I paid for the annual. Hornady is doing a good job with its data. Handy on my phone but I’m a sucker and still buy books.

SJB358":3770qvgb said:
I paid for the annual. Hornady is doing a good job with its data. Handy on my phone but I’m a sucker and still buy books.

I'll probably break down and buy the app...although I really like having an old fashioned book at the bench.

On another note- I really like reading old manuals...Nosler #1 was like a time warp and some of those old loads were something else entirely!

hodgeman":2529udrv said:
SJB358":2529udrv said:

I'll probably break down and buy the app...although I really like having an old fashioned book at the bench.

On another note- I really like reading old manuals...Nosler #1 was like a time warp and some of those old loads were something else entirely!

Without a doubt. I am a manual buff. Dewey and I have always competed to find those books. I have all of the Noslers and a bunch of others and still enjoy flipping thru them from time to time. Nerd stuff, but I do like reading that gack.

I wish QL had a web version or mobile version

Here’s that sample 308 screen shot from the app. I picked a bullet built for the 3030, nice they show the bullets working velocity range. Wish QL would go web and mobile. Might not be able to due to the ATF ITAR regulations.

9191426a0583f2ce3dfb4d0185b8cef4.jpg

I kinda split the difference...

I've had the book (8th edition), via Amazon Kindle, on my phone.... also have Lymans 50th, Accurate/Ramshot (free download from their website), and quite a few screen grabs from old Handloader magazine, among others.

Handy to have on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back