HSM Brass

BretN

Handloader
Jan 22, 2015
Working on reloading for a new Rem 783 in .308 to develop 125gr starter loads for my kids to shoot and hunt with. As was suggested in a previous post, I picked up some new brass at Cabela's today. Last week they had Win brass in 308, this week not so much. But they did have HSM brass that is already primed for $26. I didn't know a whole lot about HSM, but knew they reloaded premium hunting ammo.

Any idea who they get their brass from? It is headstamped HSM. A quick search didn't reveal much or multiple possible sources. Anybody know for sure? I suppose for my purpose of a low pressure reduced recoil round it doesn't much matter. But Sierra does claim H414 is the most accurate in the 125 gr bullet, so I'd like to fully develop the load in that powder for a full speed option too. Thanks for the input.

Bret

All of my HSM ammo for 7mm Rem (168 Berger) is Winchester brand, but I've seen them use different brands for different loads. I believe my 243 Win HSM is a different brand depending on which Berger bullet it uses.

Consider buying once fired LC (Lake City) brass in bulk and using that. It is cheap and plentiful, and quality is not too bad once adequately prepped.

Back