Hunting bullet for 6.5 Creedmoor

35 Whelen":m1b2i4cq said:
GB,
Yes its our Super Cruiser. Had a few of them over the
years........ This is a really lite one at 1065lbs! Great
old airplanes.
E

Looks sharp! Are you on supercub.org or backcountrypilot.org? Another time drain but fun anyway. Hahahaha.

Ok sorry about the derail. Again.

I'm just about to try the 130 grn Gamechanger this week in my 6.5-06. They are a sub half bullet in my rifle but i haven't tried them on deer yet. I would have gone 130 grn Accubonds as I am a huge fan of all things Nosler but over here in the UK the Accu's are £46 for 50 whilst the TGK's are half this price. Folk seem to say the TGK's are a fairly hard bullet and so perform similarly to a bonded bullet. We shall see this week.

Hey Cheyenne!

To answer your question in kind of a round about way...use the bullet that your rifle likes best.
I'm betting it has a 1 in 8 barrel twist.
That twist is made more for the 130 -140 gr bullets.
I would try the 140 Nosler BT, or as you said, the Hornady 143 ELD-X.
Mule deer are a tad bigger bodied than white tail deer, so start with those 2 first.
I think you'll be pleased.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

What a great picture for a chest wader company to use in
an advertisement! That picture combined with the simple
slogan "Can your waders do this"......... Would cover it all.
Well done olde boy!
E

Since I have to use lead-free, I tried the lehigh controlled chaos. First tests were sub moa, finetuning will follow.
Then I will try them on boar and deer..

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

35 Whelen":1x2a8p3k said:
What a great picture for a chest wader company to use in
an advertisement! That picture combined with the simple
slogan "Can your waders do this"......... Would cover it all.
Well done olde boy!
E
She’s learned to be a fine angler too!IMG_1138.jpgIMG_2249.jpgIMG_1228.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I brought one like this beauty from Scottsdale AZ to Dubuque IA this week in 2hr 21m.

Attachments

• D3C3F0A5-8F8D-4C47-BA0D-321A19905268.jpeg
    D3C3F0A5-8F8D-4C47-BA0D-321A19905268.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 918
I love the Beavers but the 180 or 185 account for most of my trips. I could see flying in your jet though, other then landing on water.

jon2":2r4e7ci7 said:
I'm just about to try the 130 grn Gamechanger this week in my 6.5-06. They are a sub half bullet in my rifle but i haven't tried them on deer yet. I would have gone 130 grn Accubonds as I am a huge fan of all things Nosler but over here in the UK the Accu's are £46 for 50 whilst the TGK's are half this price. Folk seem to say the TGK's are a fairly hard bullet and so perform similarly to a bonded bullet. We shall see this week.

Wondering how things went for the TGK’s did you have a follow up thread?

I had good luck with 143 ELDX handloads even at scorching distance. About 15-20 yards. Don’t over look the factory Whitetail Hunter loads or the 129 interlock. They’ll do just fine on deer small or large.

Back