Hydro dip

Ya, saw that one and a bunch more. I'd rather pay someone to do it so I don't have to be mad at myself for screwing up my stock! I was just curious if anyone has actually put their hands on one that could describe how or if it affects the grip and feel of the stock. Apparently you can even do overlaying patterns. The website I posted above has a picture of one they did in multicam and a skull pattern that was kind of cool looking.

I will ask my buddy here in Cheyenne. He is more familiar with it.

The guys on you tube can do it for you---- some of them.

Thanks fotis. If you happen to talk to him I'd also be curious what the process is to remove it should you ever want to.

OOh good one! Never thought of asking that question.

I recently picked up a dipped 10-22 stock on eBay for my daughters 10-22 (tacky cobra skin pattern... but that's a whole other story LOL!). It was done over the original wood stock. It feels very tough and does have some texture to it. We really haven't had it out a lot yet nor for anything that could subject it to abuse so I can't comment on it's longevity. It has made me decide to look into getting a couple synthetic stocks of mine dipped.

Hmmm, the Tigerstripe ACU looks as if it would blend in pretty well where I goose hunt...

A guy I work with does this. He does nice work and charges about $85.00 to do a rifle stock.

I emailed the company I was looking at to do this with a few questions about grip/feel and removal should you ever want to and received this reply. The hydrogrip coating sounds promising.

Thank you for contacting us about our hydrographic services. We can coat your Manners T5A stock in Multicam. The cost for is $110. As for finish choices, you can have a true flat finish (shown below) with no glare or you may be interested in our HydroGrip finish, which is applied over a flat finish to give it a rubberized soft-feel, non-slip finish. This is also true flat with no glare. All finishes can be stripped off, but your stock will be prepped, either by sanding or heat flaming, so the surface may need some buffing to restore the original condition. It does take some time to remove the finish, especially HydroGrip as it is super strong and does not remove easily, we have to use a special stripper for it. Turnaround time is about 4 weeks right now. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you, Tammy Melton

Toll Free (877) 780-2266 Local (360) 249-2220 Fax (360) 249-2238 Info@nwhydroprint.com http://www.NorthwestHydroPrint.com http://www.CamoRing.com

Back